Search results

1. 85Porsche

Little Pittsburgh Clan

Thanks Moose! Ordered it yesterday and will run out this week to get the tubing. I'll post again when the process is complete. BTW, I'm not too far from you....Delmont.
  2. 85Porsche

Little Pittsburgh Clan

Mooseknuckle - i have run 3 bottles of stanadyne through with no difference. Thinking it might be water in the fuel, i put some PS 911 in, but again no help. I will give the diesel purge a try. Where did you find it? Kirmet- no, i dont believe the bew engines intake plugs up like the alh.
  3. 85Porsche

Little Pittsburgh Clan

Need a little help please Hi guys-My 04 pd jetta is having issues. Im losing power at higher rpms. All seems fine until around 3500 rpm then there seems to be little power after that. Im no expert on these cars, but ive taken it to F&P automotive in Youngwood and to Hillcrest VW in New Ken, but...
  4. 85Porsche

04 BEW PD Issue. Need advice

Sorry if i posted in the wrong place. I wasnt exactly sure where it would fit.
  5. 85Porsche

04 BEW PD Issue. Need advice

About 6 months ago my Jetta started to miss slightly under load, specifically at higher rpms (>3500). This situation has progressively gotten worse, to the point where while acclerating in 2 nd or 3rd gear, when you hit 3K rpms you could feel the car decelerating even though the pedal was held...
  6. 85Porsche

Turbo Failure--Something I Did???

About 2 weeks ago my '04 PD Jetta blew the turbo. The entire crankcase of oil was pumped into the exhaust. It's fixed now and seems to run fine, but I'm wondering if it was something that I did to cause it to go. Could it be related to driving habits? I guess I tend to be on the light side...
  7. 85Porsche

HELP!!!! Oil out the exhaust

No oil left in crankcase. My guess is that the impeller broke free from the shaft. There were no indications that this was about to happen. Prior to it happening, everything looked, sounded, and acted normally.
  8. 85Porsche

......So much for a new HDTV....:(
  9. 85Porsche

Thanks for the advice. I knew it was the turbo, but was hoping somehow I was mistaken. A couple of other questions, since I will need a timing belt at 100K (and there is 94K on it now) does it also make sense to get this done at the same time? What is the chance that I've damaged other...
  10. 85Porsche

I have a manual 04 PD with 94000 miles on it. Car has been great. So, I'm watching the kids and they want to go to the DQ. DQ is about 1/2 mile from my house, so we throw our coats on and go. About half way there I hear a thud. Sounds like it's coming from the exhaust or back of the car...
  11. 85Porsche

Weird Starting - - Any Suggestions???

I have an 04 PD Jetta that I purchased used that has about 82K miles on it. i've owned the car for about 10 months, without issues, except for what has started happening about a month or so ago. Some background: I have changed the oil, fuel, and air filters about 2months ago. This is the...
  12. 85Porsche

Little Pittsburgh Clan

Guys - My '04 Jetta has about 85K miles on it and I'm thinking about a timing belt change, considering I've only owned the car for about 8 mos. Any suggestions on who or where to go to have it done? So far, I've had the car to Hillcrest VW in New Ken who has done a good job and I've heard good...
  13. 85Porsche

MPG Drop - -Any Ideas????

I have an '04 PD Jetta with ~83K on it. In the past month or so I've noticed a drop in MPG (from ~44.5 to ~40). I have changed oil/filter, fuel filter, air filter with no luck. I have the tires inflated to 40psi. The only strange thing I've noticed is that one day after work I got into the...
  14. 85Porsche

Little Pittsburgh Clan

Brian - Cool. Flag me down next time!
  15. 85Porsche

Little Pittsburgh Clan

Guys - Excellent idea on starting this thread. A GTG would be great. I drive an 04 wheat beige Jetta with a european "Jetta TDI" front license plate on my way from Delmont to Harmar everyday. Scott
  16. 85Porsche

Ventectomy.....That's It?????

Wow. I am suprised thats all there is to it. If I knew that, I would have done it long ago. Thanks to all who posted information about this:)
  17. 85Porsche

Ventectomy.....That's It?????

:confused: :confused: OK, so after several months of venting to fill up, I noticed that the metal tab sticking out into the ID of the filler neck had apparently broken off, along with a black plastic tab, unabling me to vent. I looked up how to perform a ventectomy and was very surprised at the...
  18. 85Porsche

ULSD in Pittsburgh and western PA

Out my way (Murrysville) the following stations have ULSD: Get Go on rt. 22 Delmont BP on rt. 22 in Export Also, Citgo on Rt. 22 in Murrysville has ULSD.
  19. 85Porsche

Fuel Injector -- Pittsburgh help!!

I agree with what the other folks said about Day. Follow this link http://1.8t.org/dealers/?p=1&sd=desc and you'll find that there aren't many good things to say about this dealership. I've had good results with Hillcrest, but haven't had any major things done, to speak of. Anyone have...
  20. 85Porsche

PD Intake Cleaning

I have read alot of posts about intake cleaning and such, but haven't seen much with respect to PD engines. I would assume that they are equally suceptible to clogging problems. My car has 78K miles on it, no problems that I can tell. I am continuing to get decent mileage (43 MPG on last...