Search results

1. K

Contaminated fuel in Hereford Md.

Here is a story which got my attention I would like to share with the readers of the tdi club, their families and friends. From the North County News, Quote: "Inspectors found a 5 inch crack in the wall that separates the salt solution from the gasoline. Exxon has set up a 24 hour hotline for...
  2. K

2006 Jetta TDI / Elf 507 oil analysis.

Got my first oil test back. See report below and advise. First change 4,421 miles - ELF 505.01. Second change 9,777 miles - ELF 507.00. Oil analysis at 15,300 miles MI/HR on Oil 5,300 miles MI/HR on unit 15,300 miles Make Up oil added - 0 qts. Alum 8 Chrom 1 Iron 26 Copper 7 Lead 6 Tin 0...
  3. K

Oil change difficulties

My first oil change (4,800 miles) on a 2006 Jetta TDI did not go as easily as planned. Top extracting left one quart in the engine, so back to the old oil drain plug procedure. No big deal. While I was under the car making routine inspections, I looked over the housing of the D.S.G. to...
  4. K

Possible lubrication problems?

I read in the January issue of Motor Week about the Dakar rally results and stumbled on to an interesting article. VW Toureg (P.D.Diesel) won 10 of 14 stages, until both engines failed with identical problems. Cam follower defect, was stated. Of course I don't know what specifically went wrong...
  5. K

timing belt change and more

I am the owner of a new 2006 Jetta TDI, with package 2 (leather), D.S.G. and other options. I am posting the following topics: (1) The 1.1 Maintenance Manual Art.-Nr.: 261.554,MAT.21 Print status 05.2005 indicates both 90K and 100K miles as the interval for the timing belt change. I emailed and...