Search results

1. StockRocket

02 Jetta for Sale

It's a TDI. I don't have the time to part it out because of a new job and daughter.
  2. StockRocket

02 Jetta for Sale

Yes it's an auto
  3. StockRocket

02 Jetta for Sale

02 Jetta for sale. I'm tired of fixing this hog. It has 183k isn't running right now. It needs a park neutral safety switch and I'm tired of tinkering. IP only has 40k mile on it. Tires are new. http://pics.tdiclub.com/showphoto.php?photo=71776&title=02-jetta&cat=500 Make a decent offer and its...
  4. 02 Jetta

02 Jetta

5. StockRocket

No Crank

Oil hammer, My problem sounds exactly like Windjammer's except my car never started again. I I also have reverse video on the trans display. If you had reverse video on the trans display would you skip the questions about the starter and move to Park-neutral safety, N175 or the PNS switch...
  6. StockRocket

Need a Neutral Safety Switch of someones shot automatic trans.

I have an 02 Jetta and I'm looking for a Neutral Safety Switch off someones shot automatic trans. PM me with info
  7. StockRocket

trans help

Sparrow, What happened with your situation. Last Friday I went into an exxon to pick up a coffee. When I came out to start the car the dash lights came on but when trying to start nothing turned over, not even a click. I have the reverse video with 00293 code (Trans Multi-Function Switch).
  8. StockRocket

CEL = Glow plugs

What is the CEL code?
  9. StockRocket

Car shutters @ 50mph and has a CEL code P0670

I've been noticing some problems with my 02 jetta and I'm wondering if they could be related. Symptoms: -For the second time in a month my CEL came on and the code was P0670 (glow plug code). Outside temp was ~40f. My fuel filter has 11k on it, but I'm going to change it out since I have an...
  10. StockRocket

WTB complete interior for 2000 Jetta

I'm not close and I can't imagine what shipping would be for these, but you can have them if they can be picked up soon. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=171371
  11. StockRocket

Loud Front Windshield Wiper Noise and Only 1 Speed

Ya it's the wiper trans. The drivers side is completely seized. I tried the fix but mangled the wiper screw trying to get it out of the collar. I'll try to pick one up at Impex on Monday. Thanks for the direction Souza. Will
  12. StockRocket

Loud Front Windshield Wiper Noise and Only 1 Speed

Yesterday while driving to work it started to rain. I turned on my wipers and when they began to sweep it made a ridiculously loud squeegee noise. If I had to describe it, the sounded is like a wiper moving on a dry window, but about 50 times louder. It was so loud I couldn't drive with them on...
  13. StockRocket

112K on tranny, no fluid change on record...do I risk it?

Not to bogart your post, but what do you think the swap will cost?
  14. StockRocket

Should I buy TDI or old Honda

I'm considering getting rid of my 02 Jetta and getting an 08 Accord. I need more room in the back seat and I have less time for tinkering (I believe this site may causes more tinkering than necessary :eek: ). With diesel prices in MD, it's still cheaper to drive the Jetta instead of my 98 Civic.
  15. StockRocket

Car won't restart

The ominous part was the IP cost. I intially thought, oh a fuel pump $500-$600 at the most...WRONG! It was done by Wheaton Service Center (on the recommended list). All they do is VWs and they were great. The only bad part is they have so much business it took 3 days to get to. I was at 156k...
  16. StockRocket

Car won't restart

Thank you Whitedog Cadd Dorf Starwars! I bled the pump and injector lines this morning and it started. So everything is good except the complete lack of confidence I have in its reliability. So, I'll be driving my Civic for a while. Do you guys have any thoughts on how this would happen. I...
  17. StockRocket

Car won't restart

On the fuel filter, I was able to pull fuel from my tank through the fuel filter and out the connection to the IP with the Pella. I was also able use a small hand/ball siphon to pull fuel from the tank using the hose that brings fuel to the filter. I replace and filled the fuel filter. I did...
  18. StockRocket

Car won't restart

Everyone thanks for the input. I'm working on putting in a New fuel filter,but one wing on the fuel intake clamp Broke so I'm taking a break. I have a question. I'm going with Dorfs idea of putting suction ok the intake line. I don't have mighty bad, so I planned on using my Pella do I have to...
  19. StockRocket

Car won't restart

About 16k ago. So I probably shouldn't try diesel 911? I'm going to try and get a filter locally.
  20. StockRocket

Car won't restart

It is, 27f last night now its about 32f