Search results

1. Ash03

Gt2256v on a 1.9 ASZ

Well overdue update.. I had this setup done and dusted in 2018, forgot about this thread. On a really stingy dyno, It made 191kw 485nm. Stock ASZ Injectors. Surprisingly the car is quick against alot of other cars that Iv raced. I'm bored of it now though.. Full boost happens quite late...
  2. Ash03

Advice on ASZ piston upgrade

Thanks bud hope all works out for the better Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk
  3. Ash03

The engine is being overhauled and the bores have wear. Oversize asz pistons are only available in a cheap brand that is rubbish quality. The bhw's are almost the same price as the asz oversize pistons so the owner opted for the bhw's. The asz is pushing out 170kw at the moment, but future mods...
  4. Ash03

Pd130 ASZ oversize pistons

Ok thats for the thickness of the gasket.. I noticed on darkside website that there is a gasket for a 81mm bhw bore, im not sure if using a pd130 head gasket could cause a problem..? Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk
  5. Ash03

Hey guys What exactly needs to be done for these pistons to work? I know the block has to be bored out to accept the pistons, but is there anything else? Do i have to use a bhw/bpw head gasket? Is the height of the pistons the same as the asz? Any advice will be appreciated. Sent from my...
  6. Ash03

Hey guys I would like to know from all those who have already done this, using Bhw/bpw pistons on a 1.9 ASZ pd130 block.. What exactly needs to be done for these pistons to work? I know the block has to be bored out to accept the pistons, but is there anything else? Do i have to use a bhw/bpw...
  7. Ash03

2005 Passat BHW engine for parts.

Got a friend looking for pistons, Will u ship to south africa? Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk
  8. Ash03

2005 Vw Polo 9N 1.9 96kw

Thanks bud.. I guess we all have to import what we like haha Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk
  9. Ash03

Replaced Everything Still Long Starts!! Help Please!!!

Cool Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk
  10. Ash03

Yes theu are special tools that are used to LOCK the camshaft pulley and the crank sprocket. U will either have to buy or rent a kit. The "gear" type which locks the crankshaft and the "sliding pin with a black ball on it" locks the cam shaft. There are 2 types of gear locking tools, 1 is for a...
  11. Ash03

Used PD injectors

Great knowledge there frank Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk
  12. Ash03

front main crank seal ALH

If its a seal with a metal reinforcing, i normally just carefully screw in a self tapper a few threads and pull on the screw with a plier. Super easy, worked everytime without damage to anything. Just make sure u insert the screw straight so that it doesnt bottom out on the housing or the...
  13. Ash03

Ita quite clear how to find tdc in the instructions link. I dont mean to sound rude but What dont u understand in there? Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk
  14. Ash03

MANN Fuel filter blocked off at T fitting?

i had endless crap with that pesky T fitting, i got rid of the oem style filter and went with the CAT filter and i dont regret it one bit.. Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk
  15. Ash03

Thanks for the help guys Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk
  16. Ash03

2005 Vw Polo 9N 1.9 96kw

Hey guys, this is what I have owned for the past few years.. all the way from South Africa.. From the time I purchased it, I have done quite abit of work on it.. It came with Oem 16" wheels, and some dodgy custom made springs. Other than that it was standard.. More details coming soon...
  17. Ash03

Darkside is the first place i look at lol, unfortunately its not in the budget.. Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk
  18. Ash03

I have checked with all Parts suppliers here, those engines are not listed on their system. Maybe those engines were not put in South African cars. Vw dealership can get them for me but the price is insane! I can probably get forged pistons and rods for that amount.. If u guys have any other...
  19. Ash03

Thanks buddy, will have a look at them Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk
  20. Ash03

Any idea whats the engine code on those? Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk