Search results

1. PaxTDI

Recommended CV Joint

The boot had a small tear, I blew off and now the CV joint makes a clunking sound when I step on or off the gas at low speeds. I'm guessing the joint is going bad. Any vendor recommendations on where to buy the joint, I did not see it listed with the usual sellers. Thx
  2. PaxTDI

Service action 97U3/T3 side airbag harness?

I had this problem two years ago and the dealer fixed it. It was a connector under the seat. Kinda surprised it took this long to issue a notice.
  3. PaxTDI

Vehicle Protection Plans

I visited a car enthusiast last year who recently retired after selling his extended warranty business. From the looks of his farm property and huge building full of SCCA race cars, I would reason that extended warranties make the under writers a lot of money. That said, VW's may specifically...
  4. PaxTDI

35,982 miles. Tapping/knocking in HVAC

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=304490&highlight=recirculation+motor
  5. PaxTDI

Key Remote locks doors, but at times doors will open & alarm goes off.

Had similar problem. VW replaced BOTH driver and passenger window/door control motors. see my post from ~ Oct 2010.
  6. PaxTDI

35,982 miles. Tapping/knocking in HVAC

It's the recirculation motor. Mind made this noise for over a year. From there it went to a steady racket when the car started up which means the until failed. I replaced mine myself two weeks ago. See post.
  7. PaxTDI

2010 jetta sedan - squeaky rear brakes and driver's window wind noise

Same window noise on my wife's 2010 Jetta. I cannot find anything out of the ordinary.
  8. PaxTDI

New to me car Problems

Had the same problem. - Pinch system OK, - Door Wires OK (VW made manf update in Jan 2006 apparently) - Window Switch OK - Battery OK Problem - Driver's and Passenger Door Window Motors. Both replaced by my VW dealer per VW Technical advise. No issues since then. I posted the details in...
  9. PaxTDI

Need Help Replacing Air Recirculation Flap Motor

I posted slides on "How To Replace the Recirculation Flap Motor" in the Photos (Technical) section of the forum. Hopefully it will help others. The job is not too hard but I did wrestle with the foot well trim for a long time which I removed as an added step because it interfered with removing...
  10. How To:  Replace Mk5 Recirculation Flap Motor (#13 of 13))

How To: Replace Mk5 Recirculation Flap Motor (#13 of 13))

11. How To:  Replace Mk5 Recirculation Flap Motor (#12)

How To: Replace Mk5 Recirculation Flap Motor (#12)

12. How To:  Replace Mk5 Recirculation Flap Motor (#11)

How To: Replace Mk5 Recirculation Flap Motor (#11)

13. How To:  Replace Mk5 Recirculation Flap Motor (#10)

How To: Replace Mk5 Recirculation Flap Motor (#10)

14. How To:  Replace Mk5 Recirculation Flap Motor (#9)

How To: Replace Mk5 Recirculation Flap Motor (#9)

15. How To:  Replace Mk5 Recirculation Flap Motor (#8) Photo Credit Maloosheck

How To: Replace Mk5 Recirculation Flap Motor (#8) Photo Credit Maloosheck

16. How To:  Replace Mk5 Recirculation Flap Motor (#7) Photo Credit Maloosheck

How To: Replace Mk5 Recirculation Flap Motor (#7) Photo Credit Maloosheck

17. How To:  Replace Mk5 Recirculation Flap Motor (#6) Photo Credit Maloosheck

How To: Replace Mk5 Recirculation Flap Motor (#6) Photo Credit Maloosheck

18. How To:  Replace Mk5 Recirculation Flap Motor (#3) Photo Credit Maloosheck

How To: Replace Mk5 Recirculation Flap Motor (#3) Photo Credit Maloosheck

19. How To:  Replace Mk5 Recirculation Flap Motor (#4) Photo Credit Maloosheck

How To: Replace Mk5 Recirculation Flap Motor (#4) Photo Credit Maloosheck

20. How To:  Replace Mk5 Recirculation Flap Motor (#3) Photo Credit Maloosheck

How To: Replace Mk5 Recirculation Flap Motor (#3) Photo Credit Maloosheck