Search results

1. fr@nknb33n$

Goodbye...parting is such sweet sorrow

Finally turned her in. No, not the old lady. My 2012 Golf TDI 4DR MT. 109,000 miles. Original brakes and clutch. Finally did the deed. Took all of about 20 minutes. Went to a dealer that had a virtual closing. The guy who represented the dealer used an iPad who was conferenced into another rep...
  2. fr@nknb33n$

State of MA will start failing non-fixed TDI's

Just heard from a police officer in a large city who is an avid TDI enthusiast that if your TDI is not fixed you will automatically flunk inspection as the state will somehow know which cars have been fixed and not fixed. My guess is that VW is working with the states to communicate this...
  3. fr@nknb33n$

VW King, Gaithersburg, MD - legit or not?

Sorry if I'm posting to the wrong area. Long story short, I'm closing in on my TDI buyback and am looking around for a deal on a new 18 GTI Autobahn MT. This dealership has crazy prices. Has anyone ever dealt with them? How can they be $4-6K less than dealers in my area? Any feedback would...
  4. fr@nknb33n$

Driver and front passenger door not latching in hot weather

I have a 2012 VW Golf TDI 4DR MT. I bought it used in 2013 with 26K miles. I now have 95K miles on it. I will be selling it back to V-dub early summer of next year. But... This is the weirdest issue I have ever seen in any of the cars I have owned over the past 25 years. When the temperature...