Search results

1. fr@nknb33n$

Goodbye...parting is such sweet sorrow

Finally turned her in. No, not the old lady. My 2012 Golf TDI 4DR MT. 109,000 miles. Original brakes and clutch. Finally did the deed. Took all of about 20 minutes. Went to a dealer that had a virtual closing. The guy who represented the dealer used an iPad who was conferenced into another rep...
  2. fr@nknb33n$

State of MA will start failing non-fixed TDI's

Just heard from a police officer in a large city who is an avid TDI enthusiast that if your TDI is not fixed you will automatically flunk inspection as the state will somehow know which cars have been fixed and not fixed. My guess is that VW is working with the states to communicate this...
  3. fr@nknb33n$

Current buy back timeline?

UPDATE: Received a response yesterday from VWGoA Online Claims. They've accepted my notarized offer letter and I can now pick a return date. Return dates seemed to be at least two weeks out (Wed and Fri only) and all dealers in my area were still accepting returns. I just booked my tentative...
  4. fr@nknb33n$

Ugh...waiting on the approval of my notarized offer letter. Just sitting on my hands for now. errrrrrrrr....driving me nuts just waiting. I reread it a bunch of times. I noticed the notary didn't enter in the state or county in the witness section. Not sure he was supposed to. Other than that...
  5. fr@nknb33n$

VW King, Gaithersburg, MD - legit or not?

Thanks for the heads up. I just checked and yes, they have competitive prices. I will definitely put them on the list. http://www.quirkvw.com/inventory/2018-volkswagen-golf-gti-autobahn-fwd-hatchback-3vw547au4jm267660
  6. fr@nknb33n$

Yes, from what I understand, you have till Dec 31, 2018 to return the car to complete the buyback transaction. So I would assume you can return anytime from now till then. My intent is late October, but I might not even wait that long. Waiting on a good financing deal from VW to jump into a GTI...
  7. fr@nknb33n$

Vw may soon hit the 85% requirement.

Get rid of it. When are you EVER going to get that much money for that car. Plus, all the problems people have been reporting post fix is completely discouraging. My experience has been positive with regards to the buyback process. All my paperwork is in and I'm just waiting for them to...
  8. fr@nknb33n$

Buyback or Fix?

Get rid of it. Take the money and run. Too many stories of problems after fix. Also, when are you EVER going to get that much for that car.
  9. fr@nknb33n$

Very, very confused offered buy back

Makes no sense. If you bought at the dealership, they should have done the modification before they sold it. So, the cars probably already been modified. And if purchased after a certain date, you are not eligible.
  10. fr@nknb33n$

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I'm going to ignore the call back that was scheduled to happen at the end of this week. I'm not wasting my time playing games. If I have to pay more for my GTI locally, so be it. I don't want to drive halfway across the country to find out I'm being played...
  11. fr@nknb33n$

08/01/2018 UPDATE: So, today I received my offer letter. Turn around, from uploading necessary documents to receiving an offer letter, was a swift seven days. Not bad. I just finished printing out the entire form, signing and having my coworker notarize. Already uploaded. So, I guess at some...
  12. fr@nknb33n$

Trading in your VW TDI? What will be your next car

2018 VW GTI Autobahn MT in White Silver Metallic @ 0% for 72 months. The minute VW drops that deal I'm all over it. Late October or November.
  13. fr@nknb33n$

Sorry if I'm posting to the wrong area. Long story short, I'm closing in on my TDI buyback and am looking around for a deal on a new 18 GTI Autobahn MT. This dealership has crazy prices. Has anyone ever dealt with them? How can they be $4-6K less than dealers in my area? Any feedback would...
  14. fr@nknb33n$

I think you're going to be fine. I just spoke to my work mate, who happens to notarize on the side, and he states he has both a stamp and an embosser for notarizing. So, if like MA, perhaps NY has both styles. If that person is a legit Notary, you should be good to go.
  15. fr@nknb33n$

The whole thing is preposterous. So, you impose tariffs on goods people actually want? To force your citizens to buy American? You punish companies that are making very good products? Goes against the definition of free trade. But I digress. Congrats on the new vehicle. Just to clarify, the...
  16. fr@nknb33n$

I agree. I was holding out as long as possible figuring I was saving myself a monthly car payment and putting miles on the TDI instead of my new car. But now that the deadline is fast approaching, I immersed myself into the information stream to figure this out. So...as everyone here probably...
  17. fr@nknb33n$

Thank you both for the quick replies. This is great information. So I will submit info, wait for then sign offer letter and return, then hang loose until I lock down a deal on a new car. Once I find one, I'll go ahead and schedule the return date. That's perfect. That works for me. So...
  18. fr@nknb33n$

Sellback car just hit deer

My two front doors will NOT close. I have to use bungie cords to keep them closed. I refuse to repair them at $600 a whack. I will be bringing the car back just like it is now. Car drives mint. I doubt they will care. This car is definitely going to the crusher. Bald tires, broken doors...
  19. fr@nknb33n$

So, ladies and gents, I'm just about to start the whole process. I already registered with the site and I'm at the stage where I will be uploading my documents at the end of this week. Car is a beloved 2012 Golf TDI 4DR MT with 106K miles and has original OEM brakes and clutch :). Downshift...
  20. fr@nknb33n$

Did the dealership tell me accurate buyback information???

I agree with everyone. I'm keeping mine till the bitter end. My 2012 Golf has 98,000 miles. I'll be doing the last oil change and fuel filter replacement in a couple of months. But will ride it out till August. Should have about 108,000 by then, if that. I'm still rocking OEM brake pads and...