Search results

1. J

Transmission not shifting properly in D Mode - reset question

Hi, I have a 2013 TDI 2.0 Passat with 350k kms. A few months ago the transmission started acting strangely in D auto mode. Sometimes it's stuck in 1-2-3 gear ( RPM goes up to 4000 ) and it would not shift to 4-5-6 gears. Sometimes it's just stuck in 1st gear not willing to upshift at all. In...
  2. J

Best affordable place to buy NOx sensor?

Hi. Any ideas where I can buy a new NOx sensor besides VW dealership? I have a 2013 Passat sensor # 03L907807 AD continental part # 5WK9 6688A. Local dealership is asking $1200 for part. Their part # is also slightly different 03L907807 AF. I see businesses selling online the proper part number...
  3. J

DEF VCDS reset North Oshawa

Hello, Anyone available in Durham region to possibly do a DEF light reset? I tried the 30 sec turn key method with no luck. Tank is full DEF. Error msg shows I only have 10km left before a no start. Thx.
  4. J

Advice needed - Nox sensor + DEF 20km left no start - Malone Stage 2 - Passat 250k kms

Hello, I'm looking for your advice. I have a 2013 Passat with 250k kms. I used to drive 120kms every day to work; now I barely put 300-500 km every month since I work from home due to Covid. VW did software emissions upgrade at 190k kms. At 200k kms Turbo failed and it was replaced under...
  5. J

2013 Tdi Passat - P0299 loss of power - Turbocharger

Hi, This morning my TDI lost power on the road. Scan code shows No P0299 turbocharger underboost condition. I hear a whistling sound when I press the gas pedal. Q1. Is it safe to continue driving the car with an under boost condition until I have time to look into it ? Q2. Where can I find...
  6. J

Timing Belt Mechanic 2013 TDI Passat

Hi, Nardi Motors in Scarborough used to do my timing belt changes when I had my 2001 Golf TDI. It appears that they went out of business some time ago. I’ve now had a TDI 2013 for 5 years with 188 000 Kim’s on it. I need to change the timing belt. Do you have any recommendations of a good and...
  7. J

AC question - running engine on empty system refrigerant?

Hello, I have a 2013 Passat TDI. A/C system was working on and off/delayed last summer. It’s not working now anymore. I checked the AC refrigerant pressures and there are no leaks. Solenoid valve connector also has voltage so I suspect the issue is with the solenoid valve. My question is if I...
  8. J

Tire size speedometer issue

Hi, My 2013 TDI Passat came with all season tires 215 60 r 16. 2 years ago I bought used rims/tires 215 55 r 17 from another Passat TDI owner. Ever since my speedometer has been over indicating my speed by about 10%. The faster I go the wider the gap. For instance, If I am travelling at approx...
  9. J

No A/C drivers side after heat core replacement

Hi, I have a 2013 Passat TDI DSG. Yesterday I took it to the dealership to have the Tdi fix done and I also asked to perform a service call on the heat core since the front passenger side wasn't getting heat since last winter. I might just do it before the winter comes. AC was working fine when...
  10. J

Castrol synthetic 5w30 ll03 Vw 504 00 507 00 for TDI?

Hi, About 2 oil changes ago I stopped bringing my 2012 TDI Passat to the dealership for oil changes. I started buying the oil and filter at the dealership and doing the oil change own my own. Today I went to buy oil to do my oil change and I noticed the castrol bottle had changed looks. When...
  11. J

Princess oil extractor - tubing pvc too short

My old oil extractor which I had purchased from Princess Auto cracked and I bought a new one from the same place. Problem is when I went to extract my old engine oil the white tubing pvc that came with it was too short. The old extractor came with a much longer pvc tube which allowed me to...
  12. J

2013 Passat TDI not affected by VW scandal?

From what I have been reading my 2013 Passat TDI does not appear to be affected by the VW scandal; only 2014-2015 models. Anyone knows why? My model has the Urea system. Is it possible that the 2014-2015 models don't have such system to reduce Nx emissions? I used to have a 2001 Tdi golf so...
  13. J

ATF adapter DSG

Hi, My 2013 Passat almost has 60k Kms on it and is time to do the DSG transmission oil change. I'm still debating between the factory fill in method vs measure re-refill method. I currently don't have a VCDS tool yet but I may make the investment and buy one. Anyone knows where in Canada I...
  14. J

Will personal work on my Passat 2013 void warranty?

Hi, My 2013 Passat TDI has 50k Kms. If I perform the oil changes myself going forward will that void the warranty left on my car? What about if I change myself the fuel filter and change the transmission oil DSG which is due at 60k Kms?
  15. J

Princess Auto Autel AL439 OBDII & multi scan tool

Hi. Deal at princess auto for $99.99 down from $179.99. Is this product worth it for Tdi owners? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. J

Brand new 2013 silver Passat tdi automatic vs black manual :(

Almost bought a Passat today automatic silver for the same price of a manual one but Black. It would be primary my car but I want to keep wife happy. Dealership giving me over $3200 in incentives. Wife told me she wanted black but they 2013 are all sold out. Except silver. White. Grey. What to...
  17. J

Fair deal? 2013 jetta tdi comfortline automatic

Hi, My wife has been complaining about my 2001 golf 3 doors tdi 350k kms about being old, hood-rusty and not safe (vs an suv) when I need to take one of our kids in for a drive. She uses an suv for our family and to get to work. I drive my VW everyday to work in Toronto. I visited a local VW...
  18. J

Princess auto Autolink AL301 OSDII & CAN Code reader?

Hi, Anyone knows if this tool is good to read my Golf 2001 codes? $29.99 half price at Princess Auto last week.
  19. J

Simple Muffler shop ?

Hi Anyone knows a muffler shop in Toronto that is willing to simply cut a bad pipe section and weld a new one in place? Shops like Mr muffler normally want to change the whole exhaust system even for a small repair. There is a shop in Montreal where they basically repair any section of the...
  20. J

So happy new OEM battery

I've had two aftermarket batteries barely lasting 3 years each and having a very difficult time cranking at -5 or below. Had enough. Went to the VW dealership this morning and bought a new battery. I was surprised to see that it was actually a bigger battery than the ones sold aftermarket and...