Search results

1. J

Transmission not shifting properly in D Mode - reset question

Hi, I have a 2013 TDI 2.0 Passat with 350k kms. A few months ago the transmission started acting strangely in D auto mode. Sometimes it's stuck in 1-2-3 gear ( RPM goes up to 4000 ) and it would not shift to 4-5-6 gears. Sometimes it's just stuck in 1st gear not willing to upshift at all. In...
  2. J

Best affordable place to buy NOx sensor?

Hi. Any ideas where I can buy a new NOx sensor besides VW dealership? I have a 2013 Passat sensor # 03L907807 AD continental part # 5WK9 6688A. Local dealership is asking $1200 for part. Their part # is also slightly different 03L907807 AF. I see businesses selling online the proper part number...
  3. J

Advice needed - Nox sensor + DEF 20km left no start - Malone Stage 2 - Passat 250k kms

So here’s an update on my situation. I called the VW dealership and they said that I was now out of extended emission warranty. With regards to NOX sensor, I removed it and cleaned it with a carburetor cleaner from Canadian Tire. I then let it sitting in a Lucas fuel/injector cleaner solution...
  4. J

DEF VCDS reset North Oshawa

I just connected an OTC reader and the DEF light message went from 0km to 50km. Mmmm!
  5. J

Hi. Well the good news is that after cleaning the NOX sensor the code is gone. I just took the car for a run and it’s regenerating right now. The 10km msg has now turned red and is indicating a NO Restart next time I turn off/on the engine. Maybe the car will restart or not. If you are able to...
  6. J

Hello, Anyone available in Durham region to possibly do a DEF light reset? I tried the 30 sec turn key method with no luck. Tank is full DEF. Error msg shows I only have 10km left before a no start. Thx.
  7. J

Advice needed - Nox sensor + DEF 20km left no start - Malone Stage 2 - Passat 250k kms

Hello. From all the reading I’ve made on this topic, it looks more likely to be a faulty DEF sensor. It could also be a problem caused by a faulty NOx sensor. All I know is that the car is inside my garage and I have 10 km left before a no engine start. I think the extended emission warranty is...
  8. J

Hello, I'm looking for your advice. I have a 2013 Passat with 250k kms. I used to drive 120kms every day to work; now I barely put 300-500 km every month since I work from home due to Covid. VW did software emissions upgrade at 190k kms. At 200k kms Turbo failed and it was replaced under...
  9. J

2013 Tdi Passat - P0299 loss of power - Turbocharger

Hi, This morning my TDI lost power on the road. Scan code shows No P0299 turbocharger underboost condition. I hear a whistling sound when I press the gas pedal. Q1. Is it safe to continue driving the car with an under boost condition until I have time to look into it ? Q2. Where can I find...
  10. J

Timing Belt Mechanic 2013 TDI Passat

No advice?!
  11. J

Timing Belt Mechanic 2013 TDI Passat

Hi, Nardi Motors in Scarborough used to do my timing belt changes when I had my 2001 Golf TDI. It appears that they went out of business some time ago. I’ve now had a TDI 2013 for 5 years with 188 000 Kim’s on it. I need to change the timing belt. Do you have any recommendations of a good and...
  12. J

AC question - running engine on empty system refrigerant?

Hello, I have a 2013 Passat TDI. A/C system was working on and off/delayed last summer. It’s not working now anymore. I checked the AC refrigerant pressures and there are no leaks. Solenoid valve connector also has voltage so I suspect the issue is with the solenoid valve. My question is if I...
  13. JimmytosPics

JimmytosPics

JimmytosPics
  14. Jb

Jb

15. J

Tire size speedometer issue

Hi, My 2013 TDI Passat came with all season tires 215 60 r 16. 2 years ago I bought used rims/tires 215 55 r 17 from another Passat TDI owner. Ever since my speedometer has been over indicating my speed by about 10%. The faster I go the wider the gap. For instance, If I am travelling at approx...
  16. J

No A/C drivers side after heat core replacement

Would you know where I could find a diagram with all the hvac actuators on my Passat? It's a dual climate system. Ac works fine on right vent middle of dashboard, right side and bottom feet. On middle left vent, ac works 20% cold and 0% left driver vent and bottom driver feet. It looks like...
  17. J

No A/C drivers side after heat core replacement

Hi, I have a 2013 Passat TDI DSG. Yesterday I took it to the dealership to have the Tdi fix done and I also asked to perform a service call on the heat core since the front passenger side wasn't getting heat since last winter. I might just do it before the winter comes. AC was working fine when...
  18. J

Castrol synthetic 5w30 ll03 Vw 504 00 507 00 for TDI?

Hi, About 2 oil changes ago I stopped bringing my 2012 TDI Passat to the dealership for oil changes. I started buying the oil and filter at the dealership and doing the oil change own my own. Today I went to buy oil to do my oil change and I noticed the castrol bottle had changed looks. When...
  19. J

Vw Goodwill card

I received my cards 2 days ago Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk