Search results

1. G

ABS light on after new struts, tires, alignment - HELPt

After installing new struts and tie rods my ABS and ESP light stay on constantly VCDS reading codes 00283 front left, 003 mechanical failure I checked the sensor by reading the OHMS and it showed it was still good condition so i dont think the sensor randomly went out... I am going to try...
  2. G

Should I sell my mk4 to get an mk7

I own a 2004 golf and it has over 200k miles on it running strong but needs some work done to it as its showing signs of wear (seals, timing belt, clutch, alignment) Is it worth selling my golf to put down another $5k or more into a newer mk7 golf? How do they handle compared to ours? Are...
  3. G

Soft Suspension Setup

Hey all, im thinking im in need of a suspension setup as mine are squeaking bad and the ride isnt smooth at all...What do you guys recommend for the smoothest ride possible but affordable Im also getting new tires and going through new ball joints and CV axle boots as mine are torn all around...
  4. G

p1666 Cylinder Misfire Engine Shuddering Badly - Please Help

I drove this morning to work and the car ran great no problems at all. This evening I went to drive back home and the car is shuddering like crazy and i cant drive past 30mph! No CEL but i plugged my VCDS and code p1666 shows as Cyl 1 misfiring; Im about to take the valve cover off but what am i...
  5. G

Actuator Wire Damaged - Code P2564

So my check engine light came on showing code 18996; I checked the actuator connector and it seems there is a slight cut in the wire (see photo) whats the best way to go about this? Assuming this is the problem? [/url][/IMG] Any negative effects to driving it this way?
  6. G

Golf is reaching 200k and needs alot of work done to it...time to sell?

After about $2500 in parts these past months including turbo, cam, timing belt, tandem pump, egr valve, filters clutch/flywheel and oils... im still getting around 36mpg - 37mpg and the car still has a hesitation in the 2k rpm range where the car literally shudders and "misses" until higher rpm...
  7. G

PD Hiccup / Hesitation under light pedal

trying to fix a 2004 BEW that has new turbo & fuel filter - Basically when i drive from around 1500-2000rpm and accelerate lightly the car jolts and hiccups (cuts out for a second for it to catch itself, turbo stops working until the rpm is higher or pedal is pressed more) I can replicate the...
  8. G

Is it really worth changing my DMF to single?

I have a BEW golf that makes a loud engine rattle sound when clutch is pressed in halfway; then when fully engaged its gone...How could i check if i have worn out parts?? Im thinking its my DMF (unless previous owner changed it to single and i dont know?) car has 210k miles on it and runs great...
  9. G

VNT-17 upgrade turbo BEW

I am debating swapping my turbo out as it is off the car and my original turbo has some wheel damage and some slight shaft play; So... Anyone know if this is really a VNT 17 turbo (GT1749v) http://www.turbomaster.info/eng/applications/778445-0001.php...
  10. G

BEW black glow plugs

I took out my glow plug to rotate the engine and noticed that some plugs are black; should i be concerned with this? They were replaced by the dealer last year due to a recall...
  11. G

BREMBO Brakes Pad Rotor Full Set Akebono mk4

As shown in photos Bought 2 sets of these for my cars and one was sold recently so i dont need another one as these will last my car a good amount lol from ebay...
  12. G

34mpg for a BEW good?

Is 34mpg constantly acceptable or do i should i adjust torsion again? 65/35 city/highway driving I drive it pretty easy and a few times each tank i drive it hard to clean it out
  13. G

Golf runs great but overboosts...Nothing seems to fix it! Please help me

I dont know what else this car could have (2006 BEW) ended up replacing the blown turbo with a genuine turbo i pulled out of my wrecked 2004 bew (had around 80k on it but ran great before totaled) Actuator holds vacuum and is clean and smooth; i checked n75 control by taking the middle vacuum...
  14. G

BEW Turbo Vanes Stuck! Chemical Cleaning On Vehicle??

I noticed i was getting boost hesitation going uphill recently, took off my actuator and checked it and the turbo which the vanes move but are very sticky So i need to clean my turbo; which ive read many people use oven cleaner or some kind of carbon cleaner exhaust side and move the rod back...
  15. G

BEW squealing turbo sound after replacing it...

Hey there; Seems like my car has less throttle response after replacing the turbo with a stock oem kp39; it squeals when turbo kicks in louder than before; I will check the actuator as i did accidentally get some diesel inside of the vacuum port and this could have screwed it up; I have vcds...
  16. G

BEW Garrett VNT17 Brand New Turbo GT1749v Stage 1 Upgrade $580 shipped!

Bought this turbo and ended up sticking with stock as i may want to sell the golf and buy a diesel truck... heres the site with all the info on it; buy with confidence as i ordered directly from distributor https://www.xtremediesel.com/garrett-778445-5002st-gt1749v-stage-1-turbo-upgrade...
  17. G

Actuator and diesel fuel inside of it?

Today I was cleaning the actuator as it was filthy and I got diesel fuel all inside of the vacuum hose port! Is this going to damage the actuator? It’s off a BEW...
  18. G

Bew loads of smoke and oil in intercooler!

I was taking off from a stop when I lost most power and the car started smoking bigtime; I checked the intercooler and about half a quart poured out oil; I started the car to move it in the parking lot and it smoked like crazy... what do I do now? Did my turbo blow? Whats the next step as i have...
  19. G

HELP! Bew sudden white smoke and oil intercooler!

I was taking off from a stop when I lost power and the car started smoking I’ll bigtime; I checked the intercooler and about a pint - half a quart poured out oil; I started the car to move it in the parking lot and it stopped smoking but what do I do now? Did my turbo blow? Can I still drive...
  20. G

Ticking noise under load - BEW

For the past week or so ive been noticing this ticking sound (similar to gas motors) under load in 2nd, 3rd, 4th gear only noticeable with window rolled down, is this normal? no CEL, all maintenance up to date, no leaks to my knowledge... thanks for any help!