Search results

1. P

Diagnosing and Fixing Limp mode for A4 1.9TDI [low power troubleshooting]

Looking for tdi guru for turbo repair Cel is on and have p1556 and p1557 code. Looking to find a good mechanic in Saskatchewan for help with repairs. Does anyone know of one or where there may be someone close. Thx.
  2. P

Diagnosing and Fixing Limp mode for A4 1.9TDI [low power troubleshooting]

Looking for tdi guru for turbo repair Cel is on and have p1556 and p1557 code. Looking to find a good mechanic in Saskatchewan for help with repairs. Does anyone know of one or where there may be someone close. Thx.
  3. P

Major Glow Plug Problem

Bolts were changed when the belt was replaced. It is always hard to start after the car has not been for a while throughout the day. For example - hard to start in the morning after sittng all night (in warm weather) with some white smoke. It will start easily throughout the day if it doesn't...
  4. P

Major Glow Plug Problem

I will get the timing checked and see if that is the problem of the hard start.
  5. P

Major Glow Plug Problem

Well we are still absolutely stumped as to what the problem really is. The CEL is now on shortly after starting and stays on all the time. We have checked everything over short of a new battery - mechanic says it is working just with lots of power, starter is working fine because it is turning...
  6. P

Major Glow Plug Problem

My mechanic noticed a lot of air bubbles in the fuel line. This is another possibility of why it is hard to start after sitting for a while. We cannot figure out how to remove the air as there is no indication of a leak anywhere. Any solutions?
  7. P

Major Glow Plug Problem

Thanks for the reponses - The timing belt has been changed at 64K so that is not an issue. The temperature during this summer was hot, hot - greater than 27 degrees C. on most July days. I am going to have my mechanic unplug the coolant sensor and see if that does allow power to get through...
  8. P

Major Glow Plug Problem

The battery is the original and my mechanic says it is good and terminals are tight and making good contacts.
  9. P

Major Glow Plug Problem

I have a 2001 Jetta and the car has 74000 km. It has always run well until this summer when it got harder to start, almost as if the glow plugs were not working. The starter would turn over much more often before ignition with some white smoke coming out the exhaust. I read all the info on this...
  10. P

Cruise quit and glow plug light blinks?

Cruise gone and Glow Plug Flashing Thanks to you guys for helping solve my problem. Driving home from the lake last night and the glow plug light started flashing. No loss of power other than cruise gone but my 01 Jetta drove well. Thanks to your comments I found both my brake bulbs had...