Search results

1. orion2.0

Question... ALH group 000 measuring blocks

Yes it has the rc5 tune.
  2. orion2.0

Question... ALH group 000 measuring blocks

My car is a 2002 alh golf. In group 000, blocks 5 and 6 are supposed to be manifold pressure and atmospheric pressure. In my car (key on and engine off) blocks 5 and 6 read 94 and 202. At idle they read 97 and 202. With the engine off, shouldn't the manifold and atmospheric pressure be the...
  3. orion2.0

Pneumatic hybrid drive for performance and mpg

I agree. I think eventually electric will be the way. But currently, battery technology is too limiting. It's either too heavy or too costly....and the nasty waste involved in battery production/disposal makes it less "sustainable" than people want to believe it is. My main interest in a...
  4. orion2.0

Yeah I have been reading about the hydraulic drive large trucks...pretty cool tech. One company is marketing a hydraulic FWD add on for large trucks to make them 4wd and get into rugged areas.
  5. orion2.0

That's interesting...I'll have to read up on that
  6. orion2.0

Stealing an MK4 TDI

Exactly. Wire a hidden switch to the fuel cutoff solenoid.
  7. orion2.0

Isn't it basically a pressurized gas? The same sort of motors would be used.
  8. orion2.0

Check this out. They must be using some sort of pneumatic motor in this system...Using wasted exhaust heat to create the pressure. http://www.gizmag.com/go/4936/
  9. orion2.0

Yeah the XV comes that way from the factory. It's gas/electric hybrid but it uses the electric power on the rear wheels only. That's how it achieves AWD. It makes sense because then you can eliminate the driveshaft. I like the idea of and electric or pneumatic (electric being better at this...
  10. orion2.0

Good point. Yeah I researched the hell out of the dipietro motor and couldn't find certain info like intended max psi. I don't believe they are even producing them yet. It does look like a good motor though...big power to size/weight and really low internal friction.
  11. orion2.0

Thanks for the input! Do you think a pre-charged pneumatic system is realistic? No regen braking or onboard pump. That's how most of the pneumatic-only prototypes work..they pre-charge them. At that point it might make sense to just use an electric RWD with pre charged batteries. I believe...
  12. orion2.0

Wow those mpg figures are impressive!
  13. orion2.0

This: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGiviT-C_oY
  14. orion2.0

The problem with that is that it can't be retrofit to a FWD car. You can't just take rear suspension and driveline parts from a 4-motion and put them into a FWD car. The suspension and belly pan of the car is totally different.
  15. orion2.0

Haha...will do. :) Keep in mind I'm just thinking out loud...I'm not currently taking the sawzall to my car. Also, this is just a system for adding a few horsepower to each rear wheels during acceleration...not for performing RWD burnouts. Most high psi pressure tanks are made from carbon...
  16. orion2.0

Hi all... I had an idea and figured I would throw it out there for some discussion. I know there are a lot of knowledgable people on here who might appreciate the concept and teach me something. I'm not an engineer so my idea is just a concept at best. This idea isn't original by any means. My...
  17. orion2.0

frustrating low power on modded alh

Yep I do run power service and recently ran a couple cans of diesel purge directly through the pump/injectors. Speaking of fuel cooler, I do plan to add one as well as a lift pump.
  18. orion2.0

frustrating low power on modded alh

Thanks Frank! I actually did test the vac between n75 and actuator... The actuator reaches 20" vac at about 1 second after startup. I thought the vac reservoir was mainly for controlling the egr and manifold flap...correct? My car has all of that stuff removed...no egr or flap to control...
  19. orion2.0

TDI vs gas breakeven point

A modded alh manual can get well over 50mpg... I get approx. 53mpg and that's with 235 width tires. The beauty of the diesel option is that you can drive it HARD and it doesn't kill your mpg they way it will with a gas vehicle. I did a test... I drove from Syracuse to the east end of Long...
  20. orion2.0

AC system exploded!

Yes the stuff looked like yellow foam. Similar to "great stuff" foam in a can.