Search results

1. torc_sst_873

WTB: MK4 Jetta Sedan OEM Roof Rails

Looking for a set of MK4 Sedan OEM Roof Rails. Haven't been able to source any locally, junkyards also have yielded nothing. Please let me know if you have any. Thanks!
  2. torc_sst_873

Odometer Readout Flipped? (RESOLVED w/Mileage!)

Posting this for a buddy of mine not on the Forums. He recently picked up on 01 Jetta. The Odometer readout is literally upside down. I've investigated the forums and know that removal/replacement is possible. I've never done it; is it possible that you can reinstall the screen upside down and...
  3. torc_sst_873

Window Switch Backlights flickering while driving

I've read the "Stupid $3 switch" thread, and a few others as well, and have not been able to find any threads that address my issue. When I'm driving down the road, the window switch and door lock backlights will flicker. Both front doors do this simultaneously, the back door does not have this...
  4. torc_sst_873

Failing CCM?

My 03 Jetta is exhibiting a few unusual electrical quirks. Based on what I'm reading on here, it sounds like the CCM is the culprit. I do not have VCDS, but I plan on going over to buddys to get it checked. I'll post codes when I do. Symptoms: -Radio is not working, but receiving power (can...
  5. torc_sst_873

Time to clean Manifold? (PHOTOS)

I've read the various threads as to "how to" clean the manifold, but haven't seen any as to when is the right time. Chasing an 0299 code, replaced N75 with no change in performance, and still throwing code. Went to clean EGR, looked like this: So the EGR was definitely in need of a cleaning...
  6. torc_sst_873

My $600 '03 Jetta TDI "Vicki"

Picked her up from Traverse City, MI a few weeks ago for $600 with "electrical issues" stated in the Craigslist ad. After calling, I found out these electrical issues had gone away after they installed a new battery :confused:, but she was still only asking $600. Reasons being: -Front and Rear...
  7. torc_sst_873

VAG COM Odometer verification? 98 Jetta TDI

Going to look at a 98 Jetta today. It looks very well maintained, Southern car with no/minimal rust. The odometer is reading 92000 miles, the owner claims it wasn't recording all of the mileage, that it has somewhere around 140000, that for a while is wasn't logging miles, then it started to...
  8. torc_sst_873

1997 Jetta TDI- SE Michigan

https://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/d/1997-vw-jetta-tdi/6463597206.html Selling my TDI. There are a few down in the Nashville I'm looking to pick up while I'm down there. If this doesn't sell, I'm going to keep driving it.
  9. torc_sst_873

AHU Coolant Sensor Location- Please Help

Delete DELETE this post, problem solved.