Search results

1. B

What oil?

Anyone run off of non-synthetic oil for a significant time? I have for the last 50k (up to ~140k) with no troubles to report. Is this really heresy? My owner's manual says: Your engine was factory filled with an all season high quality engine oil. If you need to add oil between changes use...
  2. B

Who has WVO in Jersey to share/barter/sell?

I'm planning to convert my '99.5 with a greasecar kit this summer, but live in an apartment complex that wouldn't be keen on 2 x 55 gal drums of oil outside of it. Smarterfuel.com seems to have put their product up to $2.75-2.95/gal anyway. I'm looking for someone who's either already...
  3. B

Wanted: Jetta A4 Front grill

Sorry to hear it. If you can't get one through the forums here or vwvortex.com, you can pick one up from Auto Parts Train. I bought a black one (spray painted) from them via amazon.com. The price was ~$19, but shipping was ~$38. Black looks good for my silver jetta, but I think fancier paint...
  4. B

FS: two wire glow plug harness, $30 shipped

// This looks to be sold. I'll repost if that changes. --bmf 7/29 I got this for my Jetta IV, but don't need it. It's never been opened and was purchased from www.dieselgeek.com. They sell for $36 + shipping. http://www.dieselgeek.com/Detail.bok?no=276
  5. B

Wanted: Jetta A4 Front grill

any of these grills silver? I have a '99.5 in need of one... I have the VW emblem.
  6. B

Wanted: Silver Jetta Grill

there is a written rule about it, but not after the semester is over! I checked vortex and didn't see anything, but I'll keep looking. and female!
  7. B

Wanted: Silver Jetta Grill

'99.5 stock grill. I have the emblem. I rear-ended one of my former students and she smashed my grill (hope someone else finds that funny). I'm looking for a replacement for under $50. Otherwise, you'll probably see a post looking for painting advice as I go with a replacement from a website.
  8. B

Know of a good Philly junkyard?

thanks guys. The one in Paterson looks good and is closer to where I live. I also found one in wilminton, de: http://www.morganvwparts.com/ they say they specialize in VW parts. -bmf
  9. B

Know of a good Philly junkyard?

I've heard there is a junkyard in philadelphia that has a concentration of VW junk. Does anyone know where it is or if it exists? How about any good junkyard? thanks
  10. B

Headlight assembly turn signal bulb!

thanks guys. I got to a few things with the car this weekend, but not to the turn signal. I'm guessing I should be able to figure things out from your description.
  11. B

Headlight assembly turn signal bulb!

yeah... can you give some more details about the screwdrivers part. I tried getting that casing off a few weeks ago and gave up. thank -bmf
  12. B

2 extremes of parking brake defects - need a clue.

so things worked themselves out today when the weather warmed up. A friend had suggested a hair dryer, which I might try if this happens again. In the meantime, I'll probably throw some lube on the braking mechanism this weekend to help things out.
  13. B

2 extremes of parking brake defects - need a clue.

verylongdrive- Did you resolve your hand brake problem? The same thing happened to me last night when I was leaving a restaurant... I released the hand brake, but the back left side stayed engaged. I took off the wheel today and took a quick look at it and the brake's grabbing on for it's...
  14. B

Glow plug harness, declaration of victory !!

I'd like more than victory My situation sounds similar to weasel's and I will probably end up bridging the two wires before the glow plug harness (especially since it seems to work), but would like to restore the circuits to their rightful place with full sensing capability. I worked through...
  15. B

Glow Plug Disheartening

cutting and splicing I'm about to do just that with my jetta as soon as the harness I ordered comes in. The splicing seems much easier than the soldering. As for a nice description (with pictures) on how to do this, check out...