Search results

1. J

ABS/ESP error after replacing radiator fan shroud; somehow affecting transmission? Jetta TDI MK5

Hi! So about 3 weeks ago, something either fell loose in my 2010 Jetta TDI MK5, or popped up from the road, and shattered my engine cooling fan. I ended up replacing the entire radiator shroud with a part from the junk yard - all went well with the replacement and both fans work fine. However...
  2. J

Need help identifying part - broken engine cooling fan

Hello! I was driving recently and a part fell out of my engine and broke my engine cooling fan. I need help identifying this brass like bracket that appears to be the culprit. I have no issues changing the fan but I'd also like to find and replace this bracket as well. Here is the bracket. And...
  3. J

Gen 1 Emissions Fix + P0401 (EGR Low Flow)

Gen 1 Emissions Fix + Pre-existing P0401 (EGR Low Flow) Hello all! I have a 2010 Jetta TDI and I opted for the fix, since I love the car, just put in a new stereo, and am about to have it paid off. However, for the past 1-1.5 years I've had the infamous P0401 error code pop up intermittently...
  4. J

Unknown cap on underside of 2010 Jetta TDI??

Hello all, So I am a relative newbie to the world of doing one's own car work... got started late, so some of you may laugh at this but please help a guy out if you can. I was changing the oil on my 2010 Jetta TDI immediately after I changed the oil on my wife's 2004 Toyota Corolla. The filter...
  5. J

Electronic damage from water leakage - cruise control & keyfob don't work - help!

Hello! I am new to posting in these forums, although I have been a long-time lurker. Lots of great info on here, and extraordinarily knowledgeable people! I’m hoping for some help to my recent issue. I have a 2010 Jetta TDI. I absolutely love my car and so I’ve opted for the emissions...