Search results

1. D

Cool piston tech

It isn't always a given that an add-on engine modification has an equal chance of showing up on the assembly line. A close friend of mine spent at least 5 years developing a 2nd stage device that the factory injector is piggy-backed onto. His theory that increasing surface area contact of the...
  2. D

How do you drain coolant from a 2010 Jetta TDI Sportwagon?

It seems with the method described, after loosening the coolant flange from the head, any remaining coolant from the head is going to stay in the bottom 1/3 of the radiator unless suctioned out the reservoir hose. So, doing this might just complete the job, which of course can be confirmed by...
  3. D

OBD help with fault code

Thank you Lightflyer1. I have downloaded it.
  4. D

Timing belt costs

My mechanic charged $400 labor + parts came to about $500 for complete timing belt kit, water pump, thermostat/housing, and serpentine belt. I would have done it myself, but too busy with other projects.
  5. D

OBD help with fault code

The instrument panel on our 2013 Jetta TDI recently showed for the first time with just under 100 K miles, a fault problem with the DPF. And I am on a learning curve with my new Ross Tech HEX-V2. I used the auto-scan and then the select which shows " NO x Catalyst - Regeneration Required", the...
  6. D

Engine Warm-up

I have a 2013 VW TDI and was told by a friend who owns an identical 2013 VW TDI sportsvagon that it is no longer necessary to warm up the engine to operating temperature before driving. Is this true, and if so, what is the reasoning and the documentation of this from VW?
  7. D

A/C Recirculation Won't Stay On

I think a scanner will make the diagnosis. If it points to the compressor flow valve, it can be confirmed to see if the ohms is within specs. If it is the flow valve, a Japanese brand is preferable as it will outlast the VW dealer's flow valve which might fail again. A good A/C shop should be...
  8. D

A/C Recirculation Won't Stay On

Does everyone in the general San Antonio, Texas area need to keep outside air intake turned off in order to stay cool? Generally the recirculate feature should only be necessary to cool the car down, unless while driving in a very high humidity region. I wonder if something else occurs...
  9. D

Buy Back Spreadsheet - Track our buyback status

Owner's experience after emissions fix. I have subscribed to the Dieselgate - VW Group, but can't find anything on possible/probable power loss after having the emissions fix performed by VW. Have used different key phrases and advanced search w/o success. Would like to know what to expect if...
  10. D

Air Conditioner is WEAK

AC on our 2013 Jetta tdi with only 64,000 miles seems to switch off on its own, even with temp setting all the way to cool. Switching the return air/outside air intake and fan speed controls does not make a difference. But, it seems to stay on for longer periods when lowering one or two...