Search results

1. helosix

Need Vag-Com for 2011 Golf TDI

Lightflyer1 - I know it has been a few years since you replied, wondering if you still have vag-com? I'm Pflugerville and want to check some settings for DRL, door lock, and keys.
  2. helosix

Official South Central Regional States Vendor Deals Thread

Central Texas Mechanic Recommendation Howdy all! These guys are super professional, honest, and fair. Best shop I've used so fat for my 98 NB TDI. http://motormaniainc.com/ Motormania, Inc. 10208 Ranch Road 620 N. Austin, TX 78726-2200 (512) 331-0877 info@motormaniainc.com
  3. helosix

Repair shop suggestions Austin Texas

Permanently Closed Rob closed the shop doors for good on 10/9/2017. Bummer... I was looking to get my 98 NB worked on by someone skilled & local. Good luck and best wished, Rob!
  4. helosix

Anybody know how to clear up my headlights?

Thanks. Will check it out. I need to replace a fog light unit and bulb, a rear red tail light and would not mind having better headlights. Why must it be such a pain?!?! :]
  5. helosix

Flashing Glow plug light.... ?

To answer the kick panel question: Only three screws to pull it out. I did not need to remove any other dashboard parts to access the switch. (98 NB TDI) Suggestion: Maybe practice the install with the old part before attempting with a new one. As for "push the pedal in before inserting" if...
  6. helosix

What is this light?

Thanks man... I see your reply just as I am returning from the FAQ's and verifying that my tail lights ARE out.. go figure. Any ideas about the bulb replacement or the rear light in the bumper? :)
  7. helosix

What is this light?

Greetings folks! Two quick questions; on my recently purchased 98 NB TDI. How the heck does one change the rear tail light? The smaller "running light" in the back bumper. Also, a new light began to fals on the way home today. Was yellow/orange and looks like ...well, kinda like a BB would...
  8. helosix

New, New Beetle Stance

Can you replace the tail lights in a 98 with the new ones? Just wondering...
  9. helosix

AC does not come on

I know you said you check the fuse block on the battery... see this "just in case" .... http://www.aircondition.com/tech/que...gen-New-Beetle I am no expert... just passing along waht I found on mine yesterday.
  10. helosix

High Temp Light Flashing in Traffic

I found a site that mentions this exact issue. They mention it has to do with the AC fans and compressor. Well, that's odd. My AC compressor worked. I does make a nasty sound though when not on... http://www.aircondition.com/tech/questions/83/No-Compressor-Operation-in-Volkswagen-New-Beetle
  11. helosix

Alright, I spent about an hour on this. Actually, it had me a little perplexed once I had connected everything and have no power to anything. After double and triple checking the connections I compare the old part to the new and discover these little bridge things. They don't come with the part...
  12. helosix

Wow.. I called 2 VW dealers for the part, here in the Austin area. They both had it in stock, since this is a common problem... The first one said $113.23 (w/ tax) the other said $95.08 (w/ tax). Cripe! I bet you can guess which one I went to! Next time Internet ordering for me... Now, I thought...
  13. helosix

Going to get a new part now...
  14. helosix

Ok, I check the little fuse box on the battery cover. Just as you (Mcathcart) mentioned, I see something similar. It had a 25A fuse installed...even thought it is labeled 30A
  15. helosix

Just saw the replies here... thanks! I just went and started her up. I see two fans, a larger one just right of center and a smaller to the left of it. Neither is turning. Do they turn continous or only when the temp reaches a threshold? As for the timing belt, I just purchased the car about 2...
  16. helosix

Greetings- So yeah, in crazy Austin stop & go the pretty little High Temp light starts flashing for me. I put the heater on (I heard that is helps?) and then ended up pulling over to kill the engine for a few minutes. Started it up and made it the remaining 15 miles (traffic moving a little...