Search results

1. AdinaFloyd

Car is being a jerk, please help me!!

I'll check that as soon as I get home, thank u
  2. AdinaFloyd

All original, it's an auto and she has 135000 on her. Nothing recently done other than oil and fuel filter change and that was a couple of months ago
  3. AdinaFloyd

Ok, CinderJetta (2002)is doing something strange. I'm clueless on this one. Back story, drove 40 minutes and stopped at a store. No problems, car was running normal. Went to start the car and the engine revved really high then shut off. Trying to start it back it Turned over but didn't start...
  4. AdinaFloyd

Ughhh, Alternator or Regulator. Help!

Mongler98, thanks for helping this girl out. I will definitely use that tip. I start the work this evening, my new altenator should be delivered today (thanks to the $60 express charge). I forgot about the core charge, I will return the old one but I will also go get one from the salvage yard to...
  5. AdinaFloyd

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Mongler98, thank you for the detailed how-to. Following your test, my battery is good and the alt is dead. I have an alh engine and after watching and reading it is obvious to me that I will need to get some help with this job. I can't say thanks enough...
  6. AdinaFloyd

Ok CinderJetta is being a b****. Back story, driving home a few days ago I lost power on the dash. Everything shut off, the radio, all dash lights, even the speed rpm and all other gauges dropped like I had killed the car. But the car never stopped running and after about 10 seconds everything...
  7. AdinaFloyd

DIY: How to fix air blend door MK4 TDI no cabin heat problem

Did this today, thanks for all the info, tips and tricks. I can now drive to work without wearing my mittens....yay!
  8. AdinaFloyd

Cluster lights??

OK, I got some super glo paint and painted the needles. It actually wors perfect and this paint stays "charged" for hours. Ill consider this a win. Thanks for the input guys
  9. AdinaFloyd

ALH, BEW and mk 4 parts

Looking for a skid plate and engine cover for 2002 jetta. Ya got???
  10. AdinaFloyd

Compatible models

Thank you for this, why is the 6 speed better. I do want to keep this car for a really long time. At 121000 miles the auto transmission in it is already giving problems.
  11. AdinaFloyd

Compatible models

Jetta, golf and beetle, got it. I can't wait to go manual
  12. AdinaFloyd

Crashed my Jetta Wagon :[ Need advice about parting or scrapping

glad you are ok. I would also look into repair before giving up. I have a question for you all, the airbags. It seems the damage would have been sufficient to deploy them. Were they disabled? I am just wondering, what kind of impact will set them off.
  13. AdinaFloyd

Compatible models

Thanks guys, great info so far. So 2000 thru 2005 jetta, beetle or passat. Clutch and flywheel, ill research and find the best for my needs. Which are y'alls recommendations and why?
  14. AdinaFloyd

Radio Upgrade? Bluetooth?

Also when you install an after market make sure the k-line in the factory harness is disconnected. Your car may not connect to a scanner and you will have to pull the stereo later to get the car to communicate with the scanner. I recently had to pull my stereo to do this because of no...
  15. AdinaFloyd

Compatible models

Ok, I plan on converting my Cinderjetta to a manual with my work bonus next March. I like to buy the more expensive stuff part by part before hand so that its not such a big upfront cost. I am wondering if all VW a4 transmissions are compatible. Beetle, Jetta, Passat..will any manual...
  16. AdinaFloyd

Cluster lights??

Seatman, I just had my dodgy experience with a bad light switch. Strangest thing I have ever seen, the car would not run. No matter what I did it would start then immediately die. Could not figure it out, did all the ground checks, the basics. Nothing. Turned on the lights when I tried to start...
  17. AdinaFloyd

Is this social media

I see this site as a place for knowledge, to help and be helped. I see facebook as a timewaster.
  18. AdinaFloyd

Cluster lights??

Oh, I didn't think about that, I am definitely not against it, excellent idea!!!
  19. AdinaFloyd

Cluster lights??

Also, seatman which connections should I check? I'm learning alot about this car as I go along but I am trying to do as much as I can myself. Thanks
  20. AdinaFloyd

Cluster lights??

Turbocharged798, limiting resistor?? I am not good with a soldering iron so that's out for a diy. How would I ck this limiting resistor? Thanks for the input guys, it's weird how it's only those two needles that aren't illuminating.