Search results

1. suchshutterfly

MK IV silver Golf in front of Star Auto off I-78 exit 3 in NJ 3:30AM 28-Nov-2018

Looks like your Golf is disabled. Are you local? Do you need help?
  2. suchshutterfly

FS: 2 Monroe 5984 OESpectrum rear struts and 2 Monroe 71525 OESpectrum front struts

FS: 2 Pair Monroe OESpectrum front & rear struts $275 OBO Purchased for 2000 Golf, but I ended up going with struts provided by my mechanic. These also fit: 1998-2010 Volkswagen Beetle 1999-2006 Volkswagen Golf 2007-2009 Volkswagen Golf City 1999-2005 Volkswagen Jetta 2007-2009 Volkswagen...
  3. suchshutterfly

01M with P0748 - need a TDI mechanic or will any AT shop do?

Hi all- Pretty sure I know what's wrong with my 01M trans, but my usual mechanic is out of town and had a few weeks' wait when I last talked to them before they went on vacation. My local general mechanic (I refer to him as urgent care) referred me to a local AT shop. So my question is ... for...
  4. suchshutterfly

Purchasing A New EGR Valve

I'm trying to locate a new EGR valve for my 2000 Golf. I'm seeing a pretty big variance in price from $57 on Amazon to over $200 on Advance Auto Parts. Can anyone offer any guidance? Is the higher price worth it, or will a lower priced model suffice? Any preferred vendors out there? Thanks!
  5. suchshutterfly

2000 Golf factory alarm disarm/permanent disable

Now that I have pulled fuses 6 and 14 and disabled the horn for my alarm, has anyone been able to come up with a way to permanently disable the factory alarm in a MKIV without pulling those fuses permanently? I'd like to have my interior lights back (14) because seeing at night is nice. Also...
  6. suchshutterfly

[2000 Golf GLS] Does this look infected?

I wasn't sure how else to title this. Today I checked my oil level and was doing a quick visual inspection when I noticed something different: That oil buildup is (I'm pretty sure) new. What am I looking at here? Is it normal? Are there any other issues I should be on the lookout for? Oil...
  7. suchshutterfly

Help with oil change within an hour of my area zip 08848

Hello! Is there anybody out there who would be willing to help me with an oil change on my 2000 Golf? I have almost everything (oil, filter, funnel) I want to diy but I've never done it before, it has been a long time since I have changed the oil in anything, and I am afraid to screw it up. I...
  8. suchshutterfly

2000 Golf drove through water and now no response from accelerator pedal

So the car ahead of me made it through the lake-sized puddle ok. I figured it must not be that bad. I hit the accelerator pedal to gain a little momentum and got 3/4 of the way through ... when the accelerator pedal stopped responding. With the engine still running, I pulled to the side (on dry...