Search results

1. suchshutterfly

MK IV silver Golf in front of Star Auto off I-78 exit 3 in NJ 3:30AM 28-Nov-2018

Looks like your Golf is disabled. Are you local? Do you need help?
  2. suchshutterfly

01M with P0748 - need a TDI mechanic or will any AT shop do?

He’s waiting on the solenoid to come in!
  3. suchshutterfly

A fond farewell to two ol'e friends

You are a good friend. I am sorry for your losses.
  4. suchshutterfly

I don't think it's fear. Not talking $h!t is generally a sign of good manners, and most people here already know to STAY AWAY FROM DEALERS, so it's not like a disservice is being done by being vague. All dealers are suboptimal, avoid if possible.
  5. suchshutterfly

Haha, no, it's ok :D To update: I heard from Mike promptly after his return from vacation. My Golf rode a rollback all the way to Montague yesterday afternoon. Just waiting to see what the good word is...
  6. suchshutterfly

2003 Golf GLS 5 speed - original owner - NW Washington

Interesting! I thought I had a ventectomy because the little knob to vent the air is missing, but, even when filling to overflowing (fyi trickle fill will not cause the pump to autostop), the most I have ever stuffed in there was 14.024gal.
  7. suchshutterfly

WOW ... I probably would have cut my losses and left the title with them at that point. There, now it's their problem. But you still have it! With this description, you have confirmed my suspicions about which dealer it was :D Well, thank heaven for small favors. If I am right about which...
  8. suchshutterfly

I have to admit - I'd be a little upset if mine gave up the ghost after only 68000mi. This also makes me realize how incredibly lucky I must be. Also, mine must have been remanufactured at some point, because it was dealer serviced for 7/8ths of its life. If the maintenance schedule doesn't...
  9. suchshutterfly

Interesting, I didn't know releasing the air freed up that much space! Thank you for the info.
  10. suchshutterfly

Don't sell yourself short. If this car used every drop of fuel in the 14.5gal tank to drive 750mi, it would be 51.72mpg.
  11. suchshutterfly

FS: 2 Monroe 5984 OESpectrum rear struts and 2 Monroe 71525 OESpectrum front struts

The information I included in my post is from the strut manufacturer’s website. Your mileage may vary!
  12. suchshutterfly

Cetane ratings question

Came up in my FB memories today! Can't get the img tag to work, here's a link
  13. suchshutterfly

FS: 2 Monroe 5984 OESpectrum rear struts and 2 Monroe 71525 OESpectrum front struts

FS: 2 Pair Monroe OESpectrum front & rear struts $275 OBO Purchased for 2000 Golf, but I ended up going with struts provided by my mechanic. These also fit: 1998-2010 Volkswagen Beetle 1999-2006 Volkswagen Golf 2007-2009 Volkswagen Golf City 1999-2005 Volkswagen Jetta 2007-2009 Volkswagen...
  14. suchshutterfly

Time to retire my TDI

In PA, we're supposed to turn in the plates the day the insurance is gone.
  15. suchshutterfly

Considering parting with my 2000 golf, 245k - NH

Have you given any thought to the price despite not getting much feedback?
  16. suchshutterfly

2000 Jetta ALH TDI Totalled Swap Candidate Parts Video

Do you know how much you'd like to get for it?
  17. suchshutterfly

Cetane ratings question

I only filled up there once, and haven't been back to Delmarva in almost a year. I guess this would be a good heads up for anyone else in the region. Besides, why go to the Shell when 50 cetane is 1/2mi down the street?
  18. suchshutterfly

Cetane ratings question

That's almost a shame! This time last year it was a full 10-20 cents cheaper than the Shell down the street. That was actually how I found it - I was going north and turned left to go into the Shell but missed their turn. I went further down the street to bust a u and there was SS.
  19. suchshutterfly

02 golf 99k miles(CT)

If I may make a suggestion for your CL ad - include the term TDI somewhere in the ad. I've been searching CL around the country over the last 24 hours, but I use the term TDI, never diesel or VW, so I haven't seen your ad. You may have better luck with your ad this way. Also, beautiful car!
  20. suchshutterfly

Cetane ratings question

Yes! Do it! After 2-3 tanks, I promise that you won’t be disappointed.