Search results

1. B

Required tune for methanol/water, even using smallest nozzles?

Hello, I'm looking into getting a water methanol kit (possible a snow performance, 0.5 nozzle - 30ml/min) on an Audi 3.0 TDI. I asked a shop how much it'd be, $1300 AEM kit plus someone to re-tune the car. I'm looking to just add WMI to keep the intake and engine clean, planning on keeping the...
  2. B

Adblue with EGR/DPF delete?

Howdy yall, for the past year I've been running a 3.0L TDI with a Stage 2 Malone + EGR/DPF deletes. After I did the deletes, there is a massive exhaust smell that I can't ever have my windows down or moon roof open. The smell is so bad that I've been signaled to roll my windows down and someone...
  3. B

Anyone know how to remove injector bolt that has snapped?

Was over torquing an injector bolt with a bike torque wrench. I felt like I was over doing it and the bolt snapped with a few of the threads showing. I'm assuming I have to take the cylinder head cover off, but does the screw go into a deep hole I may have to drill out? Anyone with experience...
  4. B

Anyone have a step-by-step guide in replacing DPF?

I'm looking to get a downpipe for my Audi A7 3.0TDI from Ebay and seeing if there are any step-by-step or DIY guides in replacing the DPF.
  5. B

Refilling Adblue for 3.0 TDI. How does your cap open?

Hello all, I've got an Audi A7 TDI and needed a free adblue refill due to the emissions recall. Audi came out saying they need to replace my Adblue filler cap since it just spins in place when they went to open it up. They wanted $114 for the cap and labor. I told them I'll take it home and take...
  6. B

Where to find injector seals for 3.0L TDI? One of mine have failed

Hello all, I'm having a hard time looking for 3.0L TDI injector seals. Anyone know where I can find one for an Audi A7 3.0L TDI Prestige? Thanks Back story: Just got the car tuned and it throws a P0272 code. I'm looking around the internet and find that it could be a faulty injector. I pull...
  7. B

P0272 How to determine what is wrong?

Hey y'all. Got a P0272 code a couple days. The car will stutter like a misfire while idle and slowly accelerating. I've looked it up and lots are pointing toward the fuel injector #4. How do I determine if the injector is bad? I have VCDS and just this week, tuned with Malone Stage 2. I've gone...
  8. B

Merc Heat Exchanger for 3.0 TDI?

Does anyone know if the Merc heat exchanger work with the 3.0 TDI platform? The C7 forum on Audi use it for the 3.0 TFSI. https://mercracing.net/shop/air-to-water-high-capacity-heat-exchanger-m3/ I just recently changed to Malone stage 2 and seen temp drops compared to post fix (Oil temps...
  9. B

Diesel exhaust smell in the cabin?

Hello all. I used to drive with my windows down, but got into a relationship and started to roll up the windows. I noticed there is a huge whiff of diesel exhaust when I'm at a stop light and notice it more when the car is on a regen cycle. I let my girlfriend drive my car one day and the smell...
  10. B

Power Service Xtreme Diesel?

I drove by a Brewer gas station that advertised for Power Service Xtreme Diesel. Decided to stop by and try it. I drive a 3.0 TDI. I paid $2.99/gallon when the regular diesel was $2.79/gallon on the other side of the pump. I drove home and passed by a station that had diesel for $2.47...
  11. B

Audi 3.0 TDI SCR Catalyst Recall/Inspection

Hello all, just got a repair card from Audi to inspect and/or change out the SCR catalyst. Anyone have this done on their car? 3.0 Passanger Car SCR Catalyst AUDI ACTION COD: 26K6 DESCRIPTION During vehicle production, a European specification selective catalytic reduction (SCR)...
  12. B

Looking for Audi A7 TDI downpipe (CPNB) - USA

Semi-new to this forum. I'm currently looking for a downpipe for an Audi A7 TDI with the CPNB config. Anyone know any US dealers or even a shop in New Mexico? If I cannot find a downpipe, how much should a shop charge for a custom downpipe?
  13. B

Liqui Moly Cera Tec and diesel purge

Hello was wondering if yall tried diesel purging and using Cera Tec in motor oil? I've heard that using diesel purge, get access to the fuel lines to pump it in. Think I can do it at the same time I change my fuel filter? Also anyone know if an 2014 Audi A7 TDI has a "wet clutch"? Liqui Moly...
  14. B

3.0L TDI chip tuning companies?

Hello, I currently have an Audi A7 3.0L TDI and looking into ECU tuning after May 11th. I am currently looking into APR Tuning, but they don't have the best figures compared to Malone. Malone doesn't have a shop near me (Albuquerque, NM). Anyone know of any other shops? Also, shop near me is...
  15. B

Gen 2 software fix, would ECU tune revert back to old software?

Been hearing that fixes have been detrimental to power in 2.0L fixes, I'm assuming it'll be the same for 3.0L. Assuming I partake in the 3.0L software fix and get compensation, will a ECU tune delete all of the software fixes and restore power figures for that tune?
  16. B

Where do I find widely used and cheap 507 oil?

Where might I find cheap and widely used 507 oil? Ones I know and look for are Castrol Edge LL03 and Mobil1 ESP; are there others? I've been to Autozone, O'riley's, and Advanced Auto parts. Either the employee didn't know what I was talking about or they didn't have any 507 oil, been told at...
  17. B

Okay to flush old oil with non 507.00 then replace with 507.00?

I recently just bought an 2014 Audi A7 TDI, don't know when the last time they changed to oil. Is it okay to drain the system, fill it with Mobil1 eco (have many jugs of 0-30w laying around) run the system for about a week then drain it to put 507.00? A little extreme, but I am unable aware...