Search results

1. Oilguy

Oilguy

Thread pix
  2. O

FS: 03 (ALH) Silver Jetta TDI 5-spd wagon, 167.7k, $5900, N Virginia

Pictures are here! http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/cto/5048991818.html
  3. O

FS: 03 (ALH) Silver Jetta TDI 5-spd wagon, 167.7k, $5900, N Virginia

SOLD 5/31!!! $5,900 · PM with interest! · Northern Virginia location - convenient for ~East Coast TDI enthusiasts Why sell? · Want a bigger back seat for growing kids and to sit higher up (I drive a lot less than I used to as well) Vehicle/Features: · Clean 2003 Jetta TDI wagon (ALH)...
  4. O

How to clean sticky scan gauge buttons

Thank you for the suggestions!
  5. O

How to clean sticky scan gauge buttons

How to clean sticky scan gauge buttons? Some soda was spilled on my scan gauge (sitting on my seat) and the buttons are sticky and do not pop in/out smoothly when pressed. Is there a recommended and safe way to clean the sugar goo messing with the button functionality?
  6. O

transporting additives

Sta-Bil bottle - squeeze to measure, then dump:)
  7. O

Mobil Diesel

very interesting aja888, possibly one of the most interesting things I've heard in the world... - nice pic:)
  8. O

Mobil 1 TDT at Meijer

For those in the Midwest, Meijer stores appear to have started carrying Mobil 1 TDT in gal jugs for $20.xx/jug.
  9. O

trans oil

This got me thinking, I don't recall if my my manual '03 Jetta wagon (~122k) defines a manual trans changeout mileage. If not, is there consensus on whether to leave the OEM fluid in there forever, or to change it on general principle?
  10. O

Mobil 1 ESP / TDT in Canada

Mercedes Benz dealers may have the 5W-40 ESP Formula M stuff.
  11. O

Slow to start at 1st startup

I'm having a very similar issue too - 03 with ~121 mi on it, fuel filter within change window, newer battery. Harder/longer starting even as cooler fall temps approached - multiple second cranking needed in the winter. Starts fine and quick if not sitting for a long time (e.g. not in the...
  12. O

Low Rolling Resistance Tires--Who's Tried Them?

Just put a set of Michelin Primacy MKV4s on - Costco had an instant rebate sale. Consumer Reports rated them highly for areas other than rolling resistance as well:) I'm happy thus far. They are my 3rd set of MX4Vs. Last set lasted over 60k before they started to squeal at normal turning...
  13. O

Time for new tires

Will buy the Primacy MX4Vs soon at Costco - $460 out the door with the $70 instant coupon discount. I've got Energy MX4Vs on now, and they are starting to squeal on corners and exit ramps at normal speeds, but I've got 63k miles on them so far.
  14. O

'New' Shell Rotella T6 full synth

I'm not aware of any shear stability problems with Delvac 1 or M1TDT (they can't even spell the TDT product name right:). Read about the 90 pass shear bench test - running engine oil through a fuel injector at room temperature. There's much more to shear performance than this non-engine bench...
  15. O

Just died on the highway - help

The stealer called again today to try and guilt me into coming back to get the work that had yet to be completed. I won't be going back. I've learned my lesson; I got lucky that the stealer made it run at least. Today I drove to my closest guru and had him check things out. He really didn't...
  16. O

Did the test with the resistor per the instructions and nothing was out of wack up till then. I believe we didn't have time to continue to the next step. Now to the stealer update! Picked the car up, it started up just fine, BUT there was a new bright orange airbag light on the dash greeting...
  17. O

Don't really know if the tech ever received my fax or not, or if it helped him zone in on the apparent problem. I'm sure they would not admit it even if it were true. As for the radio - I worked this Ross-Tech aftermarket radio link with a guru one time to no avail - 1 ohm resistor and all...
  18. O

Update - dealer says it was a loose ECM ground wire (that was one of the suggestions I faxed in from another starting problem link on this site:) - AND that the Vag Com can't connect to the ECM when the car is running ... a new ECM goes for $900. (they didn't offer that the car ran fine even...
  19. O

Yea, yea, yea, I know about the stealership, shame on me. Was having other extd warranty items worked on there and decided to have the stealer do the TB at the same time while I was without my car on a business trip. If the diagnostic fee comes up empty (or ends in shotgun parts replacement...
  20. O

If the case, at least I might have a negotiating angle. We'll have to see what they find (if they find anything).