Search results

1. Tankthecarman

Leaking Sunroof

Greetings! I’ve been chasing all of the leaks my MK4 Jetta has embraced. I solved the leak under the dash, addressed the clogged drain lines from the sunroof, but the gasket is cracked and not making a good seal. I’m planning to replace the sagging headliner, but think I should fix the gasket...
  2. Tankthecarman

ECU Question

I guess this question will sound uniformed, but here goes. I have a 2002 Beetle ALH with an automatic. I want to swap it to a manual. I’d the engine ECU able to be retained or must I also find a manual ECU for the conversion? Thank In Advance, Tank
  3. Tankthecarman

FSBO/Swap Ads?

I’m an idiot! I found the answer and just can’t figure out how to delete this.
  4. Tankthecarman

Alternator issues

My 2001 Jetta ALH has an issue that’s confusing me. I had an alternator go out last week. Wasn’t charging at all. I ordered a replacement (remanufactured not the $600+ from VW), than pulled the old one out. Found the clutch sprigs had failed. I operated under that assumption and completed the...
  5. Tankthecarman

ISO 05 2.0 TDI Passat engine

I have located a screaming deal on an advertised 05 TDI Passat Wagon. The owner says “the mechanic” diagnosed it as a “Blown Motor”. The ID tag on the timing belt cover is obliterated so I don’t know which engine is in it. She says it is: “2.0 TBO DSL SOHC 8V I4 engine”. I’m new to water-cooled...
  6. Tankthecarman

Clutch questions for the 1.9 TDI

I have a 2001 Jetta 1.9 TDI (ALH I believe) and I'm due for a clutch. I'm looking for recommendations for the best clutch for the money. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
  7. Tankthecarman

2001 ALH w/ P0402 Excessive EGR Flow

I recently had a Check Engine light (P0402 Excessive EGR Flow) come on. Pulled covers and air box out of the way when I found a disconnected vacuum line. Unfortunately, I can't find where it gets its vacuum. There is no audible sucking sound and the car runs just fine...any ideas? I have a...