Search results

1. W

Trusted TDI Mechanics - By State

Try Gen-X Motors in Wallingford. Erik, one of the owners, is a former VW Dealer Master Tech.
  2. W

Lift for TDI Sportwagen (for oversize tires)

Thanks @taleAwaggin! Looks like 1st gen Tiggy wheels are 27" high -- 215 65 16 is listed as the 16" size. I'm just a bit worried about rear wheel well lining scrape when fully loaded. My ride is back a page or two for comparison. I'm loading up for a road trip next month, with a cargo basket...
  3. W

I'm looking to go bigger on tires with my lift but keeping the OEM 16" wheels. My JSW is at +1.5 inches in height up front and +2 in the rear. I'm running 215 55 16 now and they just aren't filling out the wheel wells like I think they should. Also, the Hankook Hankook VentusV2 I installed...
  4. W

What did you do to your MkVI-A6 today?

Not today, but recently...installed the ECS Tuning Hatch Pop Kit that Santa brought me: https://www.instagram.com/p/B6y8rojAHbt/
  5. W

Hey JSW peeps -- not *exactly* lift related but certainly of interest to those who do lift. My wife, Santa, and ECS Tuning teamed up to score me the JSW Hatch Pop kit and I am more excited about it than is really necessary. Awesome low-cost mod! Link to my Insta...
  6. W

Yup. So glad I lifted...no more droopy jsw butt! Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk
  7. W

I was running 215 55 16 pre-loft and did noy rub -- when unloaded. But a JSW with 4 people and luggage gets a saggy rear and rubs the wheelwell with every bump in the road at that size. Compare your option to that through www.tiresize.com Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk
  8. W

What Problems Are You Having with Your Buyback Cars?

The warranty on the CPO buybacks should calm the worst of your fears. I picked up a CPO 12 JSW in January and have been thrilled...especially since lifting it, as you know! Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk
  9. W

Haven't seen any change...I'm consistently averaging 35-36 around town and 40-42 highway, depending on how loaded up I am. DSG. Riding on LLR touring tires, not super-sticky performance tires. 3 months, two road trips, and several thousand miles since lifting and I'd do it again in a...
  10. W

Looks great @ZygoteBros ! -- and visually similar to my results as well. I look forward to hearing updates down the road to see how it's working out, and I'll do the same!
  11. W

Did it! Did it! FWD Tiguan springs up front, Sportwagen towing springs rear. About $300 from europaparts online. Installed by local independent shop for 3 hrs labor + alignment. 215/55-16 Hankook VentusV2 tires on stock wheels providing about .5" extra tire sidewall. Less than $300 for 4...
  12. W

Maybe try europaparts? This looks to be rear springs you mentioned, and they appear to have the fronts in stock, too: https://www.europaparts.com/coil-spring-3c0511115ak.html https://www.europaparts.com/coil-spring-1k0411105ej.html Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk
  13. W

@Zygote Bros what did you do? I recently bought a post-dieselgate CPO JSW and am about to lift it. Definately going with the Tiguan 2WD springs up front and am on the fence between the towing springs or the Tiguan 4WD springs on the rear. Gonna keep stock struts as they have only 70k miles...
  14. W

MkIV Golf TDI GLS Manual Transmission - 2002 - $2250 - Connecticut

Car is still available, and I'm ready to be flexible on price to get it out of my driveway! PM me and come see it this weekend!
  15. W

WTB 1999-2003 TDI with manual tranny

check my post for my 2002 Golf...CT is not exactly mid-atlantic, but it's ain't west coast, either!
  16. W

I've been away -- but the car is still available! Reply here or PM me if you want to see it this weekend!
  17. W

Timing belt/water pump at about 190,000. I bought it at 198,000 so I do not know exactly. Last time I looked underneath, rust was not an issue. My mechanic -- a good friend who is a VW-Certified Master Mechanic and is in the process of opening his own shop -- had it up on the lift recently...
  18. W

It's time for me and my beloved Golf to part ways. Cross-posted in CL: http://newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/5952854916.html I believe I'm the third owner, but I never ran the carfax. It been my daily driver for 3+ years, 100 miles a day with 40+ mpg. The good: + ALH Diesel engine that...