Search results

1. Marchmen

VW Canada Settlement - $2.1 Billion

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/vw-canada-settles-with-drivers-over-diesel-emissions-scandal/article33361734/ The deal allows owners to sell their vehicles back to Volkswagen Canada Inc., trade them in for new vehicles or have them repaired. Payments will range from $5,100 to...
  2. Marchmen

Looking For: ECU for 00/01 Model Year

As the title says, I'm looking for a spare ECU from a 00 or 01 model year - The part number should with a BD or a CP. Ideally, I would like to borrow the ECU for a few days as I try to track down an issue I'm having. Let me know if you are able to help, and where you are located.
  3. Marchmen

FS: MK4 Golf Hella Celis Headlights

For sale is a set of Hella Celis headlights with fogs, but no harness. The price is $500. One of the glass lenses broke from debris falling from a pick-up truck, but I am including a pair of glass replacement lenses to make both lights look like new again. There are no broken tabs.
  4. Marchmen

FS: Non-Automotive Tools

I've accumulated a few more tools than I really need from working at 'The Tire' the past several years, so it's time for me to get rid of the surplus. All tools are new or like new condition. Finishing Nailer Price is $45 Similar product found here...
  5. Marchmen

FS: New Eurojet SMIC + OEM Vented Fender Liner

Sold.
  6. Marchmen

Canadian Tire Flyer - This Flyer

The following products from this weeks flyer some might find useful: Mastercraft 1/2 inch 7.5a Impact Wrench Regular Price of $149.99 Sale Price of $49.95 Mastercraft Maximum Torque Wrench (1/2 inch Drive) Regular Price of $124.99 Sale Price of $62.49 Wall Mount Tire rack Regular Price of...
  7. Marchmen

FS: RC4 Tuned ECU (2000-2001)

Sold...
  8. Marchmen

FS: Canadian Tire Stuff

The following are some things that I've accumulated over the past few years that I no longer need. 1) Tools $45.00 Note: The Finishing Nailer Stapler retails for $40 - New Campbell Hausfeld Finish Nailer Stapler - Mastercraft socket allen key set (not complete) - Mastercraft wrenches (12"...
  9. Marchmen

Dent Removal Day - May 30th

Update May 27th It's been confirmed that Matt will not be able to attend our Dyno day this weekend. Matt has also cancelled his appearance at SpringFling for the same reason so it's not just because we drive diesels. ~~ Interested members: breakfastheatre ookpic TB vdubbing flipside...
  10. Marchmen

Toronto's Personal Vehicle Tax

I went to the Ministry today to renew my drivers license, renew stickers, change address and pony up the $60 for the personal vehicle tax in Toronto. I also decided it was time to retire the personalized plates as they were getting old and I have found the plates did make my car more...
  11. Marchmen

Parking Accident

I awoke Tuesday morning to see the following gift my parking neighbour left me: I know who it was because his van was still parked beside my golf and he didn't seem to care that my silver paint was on his tail light and bumper. It took me awhile to get his hungover a** out of bed and when...
  12. Marchmen

Castrol Tection HD 15W 40

Has anybody ever used this oil before? http://www.castrol.com/castrol/sectiongenericarticle.do?categoryId=9010568&contentId=7019887 I was at a sample sale last night for work and picked up the two jugs they had. Any feedback would be appreciated.
  13. Marchmen

FS: VW Single Din In-Dash CD Changer

Hi Everyone, This part was an optional accessory for New Beetles but is also fully compatible with ealier MK4's that had a single din cassette. The good news is that it allows you to change CD's from the comfort of your seat. The bad news is that it uses the same 'plug' as the CD changer in...
  14. Marchmen

FS: ALH 10mm Pump and ALH 11mm Pump

Hi, I have the following two pumps for sale. 10mm Pump Sold 11mm Pump Sold
  15. Marchmen

Esso XD40 Price Increase

I'm hoping someone might be able to do a price check of Esso XD-3 at a Walmart in their area. I was at the Walmart at Morningside and 401 this evening to pick some up for the next oil change on the NB and I was astonished to see the price of $35 and change. That's an increase of 60%.
  16. Marchmen

General Winter Tire Thread (Brands, Prices)

I thought it would be a good idea to have one thread for all winter tire related information. There are already a few threads created, but I thought it might be easier to have one thread for people to post tire brand suggestions, and any sales or prices that they might know of. ~~ And now the...
  17. Marchmen

Cedarbrae VW Closing

I read about this over on a Vortex thread. Cedarbrae VW is closing its doors on September 30th. A few of us have had body work done there over the past few years with positive reviews, and their service department was one of the better ones. Hopefully one of the other dealerships in the...
  18. Marchmen

MK4 Performance Mod Part-Out

A friend has decided to part out his GTI and return his car to stock. It's not too often that this many quality parts are available locally, and at fair prices. Anyway.. here is the link for those that are interested. http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3999757
  19. Marchmen

TDIFest Special - 16" TDI Sport Edition Rims w/Tires

Update - August 27th These rims are still for sale, but locally once I return from Ohio. Price is $600 CAD FIRM I'd rate the rims an 8 out of 10. They don't have any curb rash but do have a few nicks and scratches from daily driving. The tires are 205/55/16 and nearing the end of their...