Search results

1. duckdive

Blower motor relay location - 05 Golf TDI MK4

I should have already done this... Need to verify 12v at the resistor/blower. Gonna do next and will report back. I did pickup a switch center console thing as well.
  2. duckdive

I've tried this with several relays being swapped in. None make a difference. I also confirmed that applying 12v to the blower turns it on/spins. So, if the relays are ok and the blower is ok. And I've swapped the resistor (and used a mmeter to test it)... could it be wiring? Where does the...
  3. duckdive

Image of door sticker It appears the manufacture date is 08/04. So based on that, the position of my relay for Fresh air blower would be #1. I'll give it a try. Thanks. There are three rows though... I guess I try each row.
  4. duckdive

I've been reading about the blower motor resistor (replaced), blower motor (replaced), fuses (checked panel)... but still my cabin air is not bowing on any speed. At one time, it was only blowing erratically on some speeds. Anyway, I saw a Jetta thread that states something about the relay...
  5. duckdive

Touareg TDI - post emissions fix, notice something

Btw, the fluid on the ground was cause he just had it washed.
  6. duckdive

Touareg TDI - post emissions fix, notice something

Hello, I saw a Touareg TDI the other day. I'm interested in looking at one for the future. Anyway, I took a close look at the tailpipes... and I noticed that the driver's side tailpipe seemed to stick out about one inch more than the passenger side one. The guy I spoke to didn't know why...
  7. duckdive

Golf front riding too low

Well, 200k, 2005... sagging... and it seems I'm getting a bit more of a "lurch" when shifting into D (yes, auto). I thought it could be related... but maybe just a trans issue. Thanks for the advice on the mounts and springs. I'll do some closer inspection. Prob order mounts and spacers...
  8. duckdive

Golf front riding too low

My 2005 Golf TDI (almost 200k miles) is riding too low in the front. It often bottoms out. I did buy and install a panzer skid plate. It scrapes quite often... more now than I ever remember. I replaced my struts a couple of years ago. Could they just be really bad quality? They are SACHS...
  9. duckdive

Lifting golf. Lift kit or new springs?

I'm in desperate need of a slight lift. Thanks for the info guys. My 05 Golf TDI MK4 (200k) is really sitting low and even bottomed out on a speed bump on my Panzer the other day. It seems like there are a bunch of options. I also read about people using Jeep Cherokee springs. Anybody heard...
  10. duckdive

Golf TDI - MAF and Turbo - black smoke

Would you recommend this skid plate? https://www.idparts.com/heavy-duty-aluminum-skid-plate-kit-oil-drain-port-cover-a4-p-5364.html
  11. duckdive

Well, the issue is resolved. Re-attached the hose and clamp, and my Golf TDI is running normal again. I'm looking to get a new, better skid plate. Any recommendations? I see a few when I do my online searches... but to be honest, my Golf is stock so I don't know much about any aftermarket...
  12. duckdive

Well, yes the underside shows that there is definitely a hose off. https://photos.app.goo.gl/guBaatzJafHCgl6n2 It looks like it might have the same type of connector as the one on the top (that I got the Kerma collar for). Does this one tend to come off because of the connectors? Or do you...
  13. duckdive

Losing faith - Import wife's 08 GTI from Canada

To be honest, I don't know how to read a scan. I've posted in RossTech newbies, but I'll post here at bottom as well. In addition, here is a video I took that shows the indicator on the dash. https://photos.app.goo.gl/zEqrvipbSvaeHYoG2 So, I can't understand why VW will not help us. Here is...
  14. duckdive

Losing faith - Import wife's 08 GTI from Canada

This has been quite a saga. My wife (Canadian, married Oct 10) and I drove her 08 GTI (great condition, low miles) from Calgary to California. We understand that we need to import it with Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) (meeting EPA and DOT/NHSTA reg). We found out that TPMS (tire pressure...
  15. duckdive

I've installed the KermaTDI collar this am. Drove to work. The Golf seemed a bit more peppy, but still a bit sluggish and slow to boost/shift gears. I'm wondering is the computer needs to relearn/adjust. Is there any other procedure I need to do following collar install? to reset? or...
  16. duckdive

'09 Jetta TDI — Importing Canadian Vehicle into USA without TPMS

Does anybody have more information? My wife (from Calgary) and I are trying to import her low mileage 2008 VW GTI to the USA. We have had nothing but problems thus far. I would really love to speak to anybody that has had any experience...
  17. duckdive

Thanks Maxmoo for the further info. Interestingly enough, I just got time after putting the little guy to bed to get back online to search more... and of course, good ol ThomasEXOVCDS has a video like the one you posted (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zwv_3slulIE) I was just going back to post...
  18. duckdive

Novice here. No, I haven't checked for boost leaks. Wouldn't even know where to start.
  19. duckdive

So crazy that changing the MAF... then the problem immediately appeared. I'll clean/check the connection and check into the Wiki.
  20. duckdive

Oh, and the other thing that was weird is when I'm driving it sounds like air is being sucked in from the cabin when I press to accelerate... I might be mistaken, but there was definitely some kind of air noise.