Search results

1. J

rattle sound

I have a 2003 jetta TDI with a manual transmission that has about 700,000 km on the transmission. It has a DMF that was changed about 100,000 km ago. Car shifts great with no issues, No noise at idle. I am getting a faint momentary rattle sound at exactly 1100 rpm that I cannot pinpoint. It goes...
  2. J

Front left brake and rear right brake lock up

I bled the ABS system with the VAG COM running the cycle about a dozen time and it appears to be working now. Fluid is coming out of the rear right bleed screw. Thanks
  3. J

Both before and after replacing the master cylinder I had no fluid coming out of the rear right caliper. I replaced the rear right caliper because the thread for the breed screw was stripped in the housing when I was unscrewing it. I remember fluid at that time which was before replacing the...
  4. J

I assume you mean the rubber flex hose at the wheel caliper? Even if this hose was blocked at the caliper, it does not explain why I am not getting fluid coming out of the ABS unit where it connects to the brake line serving the rear right brake. I'm thinking the valve at the ABS unit that...
  5. J

Installed new brake booster and new master cylinder. Brakes no longer lock up and I am getting brake assist. Problem that I am having now is poor braking because no brake fluid coming out of the rear right brake when I open the bleed screw. I had this problem about 3 weeks ago when I replaced...
  6. J

My car is a 2003 Jetta TDI with ESP. The part replaced was Cardone Industries remanufactured power brake booster 53-2651
  7. J

Today I jacked the car up on all four wheels. Apparently all four brakes lock up when I pump the brake pedal. I disconnected the check valve from the power brake booster in case the new power brake booster was locking up the brakes. Brakes were still locked up I then loosen the master cylinder...
  8. J

How do I do that? Do I loosen the brake line serving the locked up brakes where it is fastened at the side of the master cylinder?
  9. J

Recently replaced faulty power brake booster. Bled brakes using a vac pump and bled ABS using VAG COM. Everything works fine except when I drive for about 5 minutes and apply brakes, the brakes start to lock up. I isolated the lock up to the front left brake and rear right brake. The front right...
  10. J

rough idle and driving with oil light on

Oil was coming out of the vac pump and getting into all the hoses, so engine was toast. I installed a replacement engine and all works fine. BTY, I also installed a nice thick skid plate to protect the oil pan. Thanks
  11. J

I cannot hear any knocking or other noise. Engine shakes way more than usual at idle. Revs easily to redline with no shaking. As soon as I bring it back to idle it shakes more than usual. If I try to drive away it stalls.
  12. J

The car starts fine and there is no weird sound. When I step on the gas no smoke come out of the exhaust. The only apparent symptom is rough idle. When you say worst, do you mean camshaft and lifter or is there something more?
  13. J

I own a 2003 jetta tdi with alh engine. I hit a rock and about 15 minutes later oil light came on while driving. Pulled over after driving few miles at low speed to see what was wrong. Noticed cracked oil pan and no oil on dip stick. Towed car home. Replaced oil pan and put in new oil. Engine...
  14. J

cruise control not working properly

Solved! Turns out that when the relay was installed for the transmission swap, the adjacent relay 451 became slightly dislodged. The horn, cruise control and radio controls on the multifunction steering wheel connect to relay 451. I pushed it in all the way and everything works properly. Thanks
  15. J

So I checked fuse 5,14,43 and all are ok. I also drove to work with the heat turned down and still the cruise control stopped working. I did however notice something. When the cruise control stops working, the horn also stops working. I have a multifunction steering wheel with the cruise and the...
  16. J

Maybe I'll try driving to work with the heat off to see it it makes a difference The light on the dash stays on when it stops working. I tried shutting off the car to see it it will work normally and it doesn't. There have been times that I could drive without ever touching the brake pedal or...
  17. J

Ever since I had my Jetta MK4 converted to a manual transmission, the cruise control does not work properly. 1st thing in the morning as I am heading down the highway, the cruise control works perfectly fine. After about 30 minutes, the "reset +" stops working. I can press that button a million...
  18. J

Only one tail light is out. Not the bulb

Spend 2hrs trying to figure out why one side taillight not working. Fuse 22 gone. Thank you
  19. J

car dead

[/url][/IMG]
  20. J

car dead

I pulled the valve cover and it looks like the valve at cylinder 1 is broken. The timing belt is not broken. I checked all the teeth and none are missing. No recent work was done on the car. No oil light came on at time of breakdown. Any idea why it failed or is 535000km a reasonable lifespan...