Search results

1. L

Wanted: 2002~2003 ALH TDI Jetta GLS without rust

Hi SFHGolfTDI, Thank you for answering my "plea", I may sound like I am from another planet (I do feel like it at times), can you tell me how to I get to your old posts, can you give me a hint or a link? Caio, L
  2. L

Hi hskrdu, Thank you for the compliments. About the "sharp eye"... this "blessing in disguise" was a necessity flying combat missions unfortunately this state of mind (being on the alert) creates havoc coming back home (PTSD), especially in our society (as a Baby Boomer raised in rural New...
  3. L

Hi hskrdu, Thank you for the information, "I stand corrected" and will fix my request. Your avatar reminds me of the devices of USMC Warrant Officers I met in my 28-year career (Navy), is it possible or is this a new TDI design from VW? Thank you again, Ciao, L
  4. L

Good afternoon fellow TDI enthusiasts, I am looking for a rust-free 2002~2003 TDI Jetta GLS with manual transmission and the ALH engine, sun roof, cruise control, and Monsoon if possible. I will consider 1,000~1,200-mile range from Portland, Maine to find the right car. Minor cosmetics issues...
  5. L

2002 Jetta TDI 01M transmission replacement options

Hi Gentlemen, Sorry for my silence and the lack of "progress" - surgeries (me, not the Jetta). Back to my (or the Jetta's problem). Called Dubble's - very nice people but currently their rebuilder is also having surgery, they will advise in 2 weeks. They want the entire car (i.e. put the...
  6. L

My TDI buyer experience with Herm TDI

I second the nice comments about Herm TDI - Him and I had a long conversation about the demise of my car (2002 Jetta 01M Automatic) and what he recommended as "therapy". He was very honest, much better than what I had been fed in the past. He is a true gentleman and I highly recommend him for...
  7. L

2002 TDI Transmission Failure, rebuild shop location?

Hi Stomachbuzz - OK, would you have a good recommendation for a where I would find a "good transmission" and someone dependable to install it along the same line (ME~MD)? "help"! Ciao, L Are the automatic transmissions used on the early gasoline Jetta IV the same as the ones fitted to the TDI...
  8. L

Hi Stomachbuzz, I am looking for any dependable good VW transmission shops between Portland ~ Baltimore MD (Parkville actually). I am making a trip following my children's locations (Portland, ME; Newington, CT; Washington, DC; Parkville, MD - with good VA hospitals in between for...
  9. L

Good evening gentlemen, 2002 Jetta TDI Auto, 225,000 miles, original owner (wife). Transmission started slipping 40,000 ago but was nurtured until it did not shift anymore. Some shop changed the starter which ruined the flywheel gear (teeth). I have read the bad reps about the 01M but head...
  10. L

Hi BobnOH, Thank you for the advice (and reassurance), it makes a lot of sense. I will keep the club informed of my progress, Ciao, L
  11. L

Thank you for the valuable advice I would like to thank the members of the club for their valuable advice - I will follow your recommendation(s) and call these references to find a suitable replacement and/or rebuild. I really appreciate also that no one "shot at me" especially after asking a...
  12. L

Good evening, first tread newbie to the TDI Forum, please be gentle (and patient), Problem: 2002 Jetta TDI 224,000 miles with 01M transmission which I have nurtured and eventually "locked" after slipping/difficulty engaging in Reverse, 1st & 2nd gear for the last 30,000 miles when it was...