Search results

1. Y

1.9tdi + P7100 picture.

Oh my that’s intense looking.
  2. Y

Tuning an automatic?

Hmmm strange. I have taken my Touareg in probably 3 times and it was fixed all 3 times. No problems getting parts nor was I hassled about the warranty. 2 of the three times were not for emissions parts either. One was intake and the other fuel lines. VW are huge in my area so maybe that’s why...
  3. Y

Tuning an automatic?

It is getting pretty bad with all of it. I’m sure in the near future there will be emissions testing here in PA. I hope not but who knows what time will tell.
  4. Y

KermaTDI stage 3

Better put the dual mass flywheel back in for a start. The single is going to shake your trans apart.
  5. Y

Tuning an automatic?

DSG aren’t auto. They are automated manuals. I have one myself in my 13 Jetta. It’s probably the best combo for the tdi even though time to time I miss the shifting. Figure out what tuner you feel more confident in then talk with them about your power goal. They will tell you what you will...
  6. Y

MK5 PD engine boost Gauge install...

The second one I changed a few months back chewed thru the tops of the buckets....so there that.
  7. Y

Oh boy you need to change that ASAP. I’ve done 2 and they aren’t bad.
  8. Y

Probably sticky veins more than the actuator. They are electronic on brms. Have you had the oil checked for cam wear?
  9. Y

Can always take it off and tap it yourself easy and will be a better place to put it being aluminum.
  10. Y

The pic at the top of the thread are vacuum tubes and shouldn’t be used unless you only looking for vacuum. Diesels do not make vacuum naturally which is why they have pumps run by the cam. Most ASV delete kits have a hole tapped for a boost line. Maybe look into one of those unless you don’t...
  11. Y

Tube should go from where you tapped into the charge side right to your gauge. Little tip put a little bit of cotton from a qtip in the line to avoid gauge rattle from the boost. If it’s a mechanical gauge.
  12. Y

The Evry mod how to.

Proven stupidity is proven stupidity. Everyone has their right to do to what they want to their car. Still Dosent negate the fact of doing something stupid for .05 gain over stock. We can all go rounds about this and get the thread locked like it should be.
  13. Y

The Evry mod how to.

Ok so what do the mod, then just blow black smoke and make a tiny bit more power. So useless and not good for the engine. Your car, do what you want. Dumb idea in the end. Do it right with a tune. I get so throttled when I see these old thread about the evry mod or cold air intakes...it’s like...
  14. Y

The Evry mod how to.

Dumb idea.
  15. Y

O2J output flange seals leak

When I had my old gti, I use to take whole internals from a 1.8t trans and slap in all into a vr6 case. Never changed any shims or anything on the diff bearings. Check your axel flanges and see if they are mucking up the seals.
  16. Y

I'm the worst kind of noob. TDI swap if it can make the oomph

4BT should be interchangeable with most 12v stuff as they are basically a 6bt less 2 cylinders. They do weigh around 750. Guess it all on what you want to do my friend. Gas, diesel Or whatever, have to do what fits your budget.
  17. Y

Single mass flywheel conversion

Wow that looks likes nice! Not sure sure I’d change to single even of someone makes one. I would assume there would be problems just like the 6 speeds with steel synchros.
  18. Y

Single mass flywheel conversion

Uh im 99% sure there is no option for that. It’s not like swapping stuff around on a manual trans car. The DSG have specific flywheels for the twin clutch system. My Jetta has been chattering for awhile now too and I don’t feel like changing it til it’s really bad. Might want to change the oil...
  19. Y

I'm the worst kind of noob. TDI swap if it can make the oomph

There are decent amount of options to go with when using an alh. It’s all on how you build it in the end and what you want out of it. I didn’t go thru this whole thread to get all the info of what’s going on but, hauling with a ranger just slap a 4BT in it. Or build the alh to accommodate the...
  20. Y

turbo upgrade for DD?

Russ is right. Normally a diesel make double the torque than Hp but when increasing the top end for HP torque is sacrificed.