Search results

1. L

Thoughts?

Everything has gone very well since, but again i had the issues during the heavy snow/ice days and then had returned to pretty much normal before i got it into the shop. I've just got more work to do on getting used to the engine and the things to watch out for.
  2. L

Thoughts?

So my long time mechanic who i've always trusted is now i believe moving over to letting some of the other guys service the vehicles. Also i am going from a 13 passat to a 14 A7 which has quite a few things i'm not familiar with (130,000 miles). I took it in because it kicked to limp mode last...
  3. L

Coolant turning brown

Its been said often, and seems to be proven in my case that the only way to avoid collant issues is to delete... exteneded regens from the fix cook the coolant and break it down. I deleted, because like you, i found out warrenties are useless if the same thing will occur again and again. Since...
  4. L

DNA Diesel Out of Business?

Ohhhh let me know when your done, i want to see (and hear).... my in laws live a few miles outside of bluff city.
  5. L

DNA Diesel Out of Business?

Their stainless is fine. Have had 2 rawtek systems on both of my 2013 passats... one has gone over 5 years and 120k without issue, the other is 2 years in with 40k and no isues. If you wait a month they "usually" have a 20% off black friday sale, that when i snagged both of mine. I'll go with...
  6. L

I bought the highest mile 16 A7 TDI in the world and it's making an engine noise!

Look up hutchinson automotive in your town... Finding a quality mechanic is step number one. I wouldnt have owned a tdi for the past 20 years without finding someone you can trust.
  7. L

Considering Purchasing a 2013 Passat TDI

at 240k (deleted around 100k i think... before the warrenty was over) and never had an injector or turbo issue on my 2013, two timing belt changes and everything has been fine, same with dsg, no issues. Only time it left me standard was the alterntor died out of the blue a couple of years back...
  8. L

Passat B7 TDI Higher mileage common issues

I really havent had any issues since i deleted a couple of years ago... they really seem to be solid cars especially after deleting, which leads to keeping the coolant in check and components lasting longers. steven
  9. L

Finally ran out of luck @ 392k miles

I crossed 433,333 miles on my 5 speed 03 jetta that i owned from new until in 2013 and hit freezing rain and flipped it... loved that thing, was my million mile car, its been 10 years and STILL am bummed about it. Its odd out of all the roadkill over the years (snakes, rabbits, chickens...
  10. L

2013 Passat AC blower quits after a few seconds

Thats good news... mine was acting flaky (not quite as unique of a problem as you had) and i just replaced the hvac control module. It was a $100 bucks and been working well for a few months now.
  11. L

High mileage CR - post it up!

Just rolled 230 on my 2013 - saw a local 2015 passat manual with 250 and i am contemplating getting it as someone at work wants mine...
  12. L

Phase 2-Extended Warranty Starts Over

What matters is WHEN phase 1 was completed: Warranty Period The warranty period for the “Extended Emissions Warranty” limited warranty extension shall be the greater of:  11 years or 162,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the vehicle’s original in-service date; OR  5 years or 60,000...
  13. L

UNOFFICIAL Adblue Heater Element Failure Thread

Good grief... there is a good way to be done with all that;). The past 100k trouble free miles have been amazing!
  14. L

Dang.. water pump failure

Water pump failure probably has more to do with it being 8-9 years old than it does about the mileage. Putting on a new timing belt and improved pump has you set up to go for quite awhile. Thankfully you've got some options on solid independent shops in a city of your size....
  15. L

2014 Passat TDI CKRA Camshaft Seal Help

Man thats a blast from the past... how is he still around more than a decade after all the crap he pulled.
  16. L

Scoping out a new TDI

I have been looking at the a6 and had settled on starting the search... Assuming the a8 has too many gadgets on it? I have been surprised to find a decent number of them but most had had 3-4 owners which didnt seem like a glowing report of enjoyable ownership.
  17. L

2015 Passat TDI Highline- what are risks of long term ownership?

You can look at it both ways.... youve got a great car and the 6mt is worth extra in this high market. You could sell it and get top dollar and find a car that you really like for less. I dont think i would have owned diesel cars all these years if i wasnt driving 30-50,000 miles per year. I...
  18. L

NMS Birthday Mileage Roll call

I'm impressed! Love hearing a good story every once in awhile...
  19. L

Plan to buy an Audi A6 TDI Quattro & need input

Who is your tdi buddy... Luke in Louisville? I've still been checking the used car pages. I've been playing around with the idea of getting an a8 and deleting, the prices really arent nuts compared to what basic vw's are going for... I just know this is a project where i'll need some more friends ;)