Search results

1. K5ING

Has this ever happen to you?

This kind of thing used to happen to my ex-girlfriend all the time when she drove my car. Great new Audi Diesel commercial. My apologies if it's been posted elsewhere. http://youtu.be/amBTr9kcJes
  2. K5ING

VW authorizes use of B20

I don't know the details, and don't know if this has been posted before, but I just got an email from a friend in Illinois who bought a new 2011 Golf TDI, that VW has just sent him a letter authorizing the use of B20 in his Golf. I'll post more details as I get them. Anyone else get this letter?
  3. K5ING

PDF Test

Testing uploading .pdf files to the board.. Click here to see...
  4. K5ING

Elbows Knee, Nebraska - Joe Bazooka (JBaz)

Joe Bazooka's TDI Shop (Jbaz) 123 Timing Belt Blvd, Elbows Knee, NE. 800-555-1234 www.weworkforbeer.com TDIJoe@weworkforbeer.com We work on VWs and TDIs of all sorts. We accept Visa, Mastercard, and 12-packs of Busch. We are located on Rt. 69, just south of town where the old school...
  5. K5ING

Silver MkIV Jetta - I-35E Lewisville, TX

About a week ago, I was in my Golf and headed down to Lewisville, TX on business. Going south on I-35E a clean looking silver MkIV Jetta passed me, the driver gave me a very enthusiastic wave (more than the usual "fingers up" acknowledgement). Of course I saw that it was a TDI as he went by...
  6. K5ING

... And so it begins...

I was browsing some old issues of "Horseless Age", and ran across this little snippet buried on page 21 of the June 1897 issue. Thanks Rudy! For you history buffs that are interested, there is also a long (5 pages), fairly technical article about the new "Diesel Oil Engine" in the August...
  7. K5ING

500,000 miles on a 1.8T Jetta!

While a half-million miles on a TDI is nice, this guy did it with a 2001 Jetta with a 1.8T engine. VW did an autopsy on it (after which the car was parted out :mad:) and the results surprised even VW. Car Scoop's article. Owner's autopsy report.
  8. K5ING

Diesel engines -- in 1905

I don't know how much you guys are into history, but I just posted an article I found in the Sept 1905 Popular Mechanics about diesel engines. The first page is below. Either click on the link to my blog, or if some of you don't want to go there, let me know and I'll post the rest of it here...
  9. K5ING

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of my oil-burning friends!!
  10. K5ING

Disconnecting OEM Sirus/XM antenna

I'm asking this for a friend in Illinois with a 2011 Golf TDI. He wants to (temporarily) disconnect the OEM Sirus satellite antenna totally so that the radio gets no signal whatsoever from either the satellites or Sirus's FM repeaters. Which would be easier...from the back of the radio (which...
  11. K5ING

Getting in with a dead battery

I'm asking this for a frieind of mine but he has "first posting" jitters. My buddy in Northern Illinois bought a new 2011 Golf TDI a few months ago, partially based on the luck I've had with my 2001 Golf TDI. I've driven it and it's brilliant. He wrote me yesterday with a question and since...
  12. K5ING

New Jetta flies apart in collision...video

But don't worry...it all comes together in the end. :D You Tube Video
  13. K5ING

Emergency road trip...DFW to ARR

I got a call last night around 9pm that my mother had a massive heart attack. She's 85 so anything is serious. She's doing well now after they installed a stint(sp?), but I'm currently on my way up to the Chicago area (Aurora to be exact) from the Dallas, TX (Denton) area. I had very little...
  14. K5ING

New Volkswagen TD??

I passed an auto transport truck the other day. It was filled with both brand new Audis and Volkswagens. A VW on the back had the letters "TD", not "TDI" on it. I claim ignorance on the new models, my main area of interest being the MkIV cars, but I've never heard of the TD, at least not...
  15. K5ING

Old Volkswagen Ads

I'm in the process of pulling down the old, iconic VW ads from the 50's and 60's, and putting them on my blog. I've got 64 of them so far, and I'm only to 1963. :eek: I have about 20 of them on there now, through 1960. I'm putting them on, one year's worth at a time for now. Have a look if...
  16. K5ING

Need an armored Jetta? VW has one for you.

VW Mexico is selling factory armored VW Jettas. It's called the "Bora Protect". Just what you need if you go south of the border to get cheap diesel/gas.
  17. K5ING

China's "new-old" Jettas

From China Car Forums. EDIT: I just noticed that the forum posts showing these pictures are dated in 2007, however I ran across them through an article at "The Truth About Cars" site where the story was about them making their 2 millionth Jetta III. Not new, but interesting. :o
  18. K5ING

How old are you?

In another thread, some debate was started when someone asked about lowering their car. Pros and cons were "discussed" and one member said that it would be interesting to see what the average age of a TDI owner on here is. I've often wondered the same thing especially when the discussion turns...
  19. K5ING

Anybody want a Lincoln diesel?

Did you know that there was a factory Lincoln Continental diesel? There's one for sale on eBay right now. From Hooniverse: Here's the eBay listing.
  20. K5ING

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to all of our members and their families!