Search results

1. K5ING

DFW TDI Owner's List

NOTE: This list is no longer being maintained. Just FYI, I sold my beloved TDI back in Aug of 2017, so this list is no longer being maintained, and hasn't been for at least the past year. My apologies to the DFW TDI crowd. My last odometer picture on the day I handed it over to Brian....
  2. K5ING

standard guys... do you leave it in 1st when parked? or neutral + ebrake?

I guess I'm the odd man out here because I always leave it in neutral and use the handbrake, and then only enough to keep it from rolling. Of course, its parked in the garage 90% of the time and even when I'm out, we have very few hills in the DFW area of Texas. I also do it because I've...
  3. K5ING

TDI Decarbonization With Water Mist ?? Is that dumb?

Whenever I steal a car, I drive it slowly to blend in with other traffic so I won't stand out and get caught. Is this what you mean? :D
  4. K5ING

The 400k mile club!

Congrats!
  5. K5ING

How old are you?

All you young punks. I turned 59 this past July and I think I'll stay there for a few more years.
  6. K5ING

Has this ever happen to you?

When it happened to her, it was back around 2001-2004 or so. Really before anyone knew that VW even made diesels. I used to add a quart of canola oil to the fuel tank at each fillup back then to help with lubricity too. You should have seen people's reactions when they saw her dumping half...
  7. K5ING

DFW TDI Owner's List

Yeah, sure, we'll adopt you here in the DFW area. The more the merrier, right? Besides, you have two and that gives you extra pull. Added, and welcome to the TDI Club!
  8. K5ING

DFW TDI Owner's List

Added. Thanks, and welcome to the club. If you look at the first names in the list on the first page, the members in bold type are considered the DFW "gurus" and can take care of you. Being in Little Elm, I would recommend Brian (Alphaseinor) but I heard that he's had a fire in his shop and...
  9. K5ING

Has this ever happen to you?

This kind of thing used to happen to my ex-girlfriend all the time when she drove my car. Great new Audi Diesel commercial. My apologies if it's been posted elsewhere. http://youtu.be/amBTr9kcJes
  10. K5ING

Texas owners TDI List

Welcome! Glad to see another high-mileage member here. :cool:
  11. K5ING

DFW TDI Owner's List

Got it, thanks, and welcome to the TDIClub!
  12. K5ING

DFW TDI Owner's List

Was it silver and did the plates match my handle? If so, then yep. :cool:
  13. K5ING

DFW TDI Owner's List

Done, and welcome to the TDIClub. You should drop Craig (cvairwerks) a note sometime...he's in Justin also. Great guy and should be able to help you enjoy your TDI even more.
  14. K5ING

DFW TDI Owner's List

What year is the JSW?
  15. K5ING

The 500k club!!

Congrats!!!!
  16. K5ING

DFW TDI Owner's List

Done and done... thanks, and welcome to the TDI Club!
  17. K5ING

Diesel Vs Gas Burner Cost of Ownership

Well, lets see how I've done using 2001 EPA highway mileage numbers numbers and prices pulled out of my a.....er.....the air: 436,000 miles getting 44mpg with fuel at $3.50/gal = $34,681 for 1.9L TDI manual. 436,000 miles getting 28mpg with fuel at $3.00/gal = $46,714 for 1.8L and 2.0L gas...
  18. K5ING

New TDI

VWs are very picky about all fluids, not just oil. That also goes for coolant, power steering fluid, etc. If you use only what's recommended, do your maintenance by the book (not more or less often), and listen to the folks on here, your car will last forever.
  19. K5ING

Tesla Model S Battery Swap Demonstration

Ahhh...a Tesla (roadster) AND a TDI. The perfect combination. When's the Model S coming?
  20. K5ING

Tesla Model S Battery Swap Demonstration

The battery swap isn't meant to be a regular thing. 95% of the time you'll charge it at home. Even if you're on the road, the Supercharger is the logical option. It charges at the rate of around 200 miles in a half-hour, and it's free. The swapping option is to silence the naysayers who...