Search results

1. D

Timing Belt Change

I need to have my timing belt changed on my 2006 Jetta is there anybody in Michigan that can do this ? I live on the east side about 40 miles northeast of Detroit in a town called Richmond .
  2. D

2006 Jetta Rear Main Seal

I have a 2006 Jetta Diesel the rear main seal is leaking pretty bad, about how much $$$ is it to have it replaced ?? The car itself has about 265,000 Miles on it, it is the only thing wrong with it.
  3. D

Intake cover gromments

I have a 2006 Jetta TDI, I was wondering where I can buy the rubber grommets that help hold the intake cover down, the dealership does not seem to have them ??
  4. D

A/C plug

I have a 2006 Volkswagen Diesel, the electrical plug on the back of the A/C compressor broke and I need to replace it does anybody know where I can get a plug ? I live in Michigan.
  5. D

Changing Manual Transmission Fluid

I have an 06 Jetta TDI I have a 5 speed manual transmission I would like to change the fluid in it. It has 206,000 miles on it. How hard is it to do myself?
  6. D

Intake cover

I have a 2006 Jetta my problem is the plastic cover that covers my intake the grommets and bolts are gone with only a few holding it down. I went to the dealer to get some grommets and bolts and they told me I had to buy the plastic pieces to which is about $125.00 all I need is the grommets and...
  7. D

BRM Glowplug Question

I had my check engine light come back on again it says it is glowplug heater #1 is that the same as the #1 glowplug??
  8. D

Stuck Glowplug

I have a 2006 Jetta with 180,000 miles on it the #1 glowplug is bad I have sprayed penetrating oil on it and let it soak for a while. The plug will not budge is there a trick to getting these loose ?
  9. D

Engine light

I started my 2006 Diesel Jetta this morning and the dash said emission workshop on the computer and my engine light stayed on. The car ran okay does anyone know what this might be? The car has 180,000 on it.
  10. D

Rubber Grommets

Does anybody have a fix to hold down the plastic engine cover? The rubber grommets that secures the cover are worn out and the dealership does not sell the grommets separately.This is for a 2006 Jetta.
  11. D

Approaching 200,000 miles

I have a 2006 Jetta TDI I am approaching 200,000 miles and would like to know what maintenance should be done? I had the timing belt changed at a 100,000 miles other than that I just change the oil and fuel filter along with the air filter. The car is a manual transmission car.
  12. D

Fuel Filter

I own a 2006 TDI what is the secret to getting the fuel filter out without making such a mess ??? Thanks
  13. D

Engine cover

I have a 2006 Jetta My plastic enigine cover that goes on over top of the valve cover is only held on by rubber grommets, the grommets are starting to wear out, I went to the dealership but they told me that the grommets are not sold seperatley that I had to buy the whole plastic cover ( $130.00...
  14. D

Can I expect 200,000 miles

I have an 06 Jetta manual trans car with 110,000 miles on it, I just did the timing belt replacement kit on it Marty did this. I change the oil regulary and keep up the preventive maintence on it. Is it resonable to get 200,000 miles on these without any major problems ????
  15. D

Marty

How hard is it to get a hold of Marty in Fowlerville Mi I have e-mailed him and have tried calling him a few times with no response, I want to set up a date so he can do my 100,000 miles maintence on my Jetta ????
  16. D

Hugo's garage

Has anybody in Michigan dealt with Hugo's garage in Romeo for a timing belt change ??? He says he has done them, but I was just wondering if anybody here has dealt with them ???
  17. D

Marty Bergall in Michigan

Has anybody on board ever have a timing belt change by Marty in Michigan, I have a 2006 Jetta that is due very soon and I was thinking of having him do this. How much would this cost along with some of the other things I should change at 100,000 miles ??? Thanks
  18. D

Timing belt question

I have a 2006 Jetta TDI and it is time for a timing belt pretty soon, what else should be changed during this procedure and where do you recommend getting parts from ??? Part #'s and links would be appreciated. Thanks
  19. D

Windshield wiper blade replacement

Where would I find the driverside and passenger windshield wiper blade replacements for my 2006 Jetta TDI, I've checked Murray's and Autozone they don't have them and I really don't care to go to the dealer ??? Thanks
  20. D

Mechanic in Southeast Michigan

I'm due to get my timing belt and tensioner replaced soon does anybody know of a trustworthy mechanic in southeast Michigan, the one in Fowlerville in a bit of a drive for me and I would rather not take it a dealership in Southeast Michigan. Thanks