Search results

1. T

real world EVs review

https://www.wcvb.com/article/tesla-owners-waited-hours-to-charge-cars-after-total-solar-eclipse/60448157 "The Livesey family waited more than four hours to charge their Tesla and the last ticket they handed out before leaving was No. 189, and they saw more vehicles pulling up to the stations."
  2. T

real world EVs review

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/04/04/ford-to-delay-all-electric-suv-to-focus-on-hybrid-vehicles.html?
  3. T

real world EVs review

Would-be Tesla buyers snub company as Musk's reputation dips "Tesla's consideration score fell 8 percentage points from January alone even as Caliber's scores for Mercedes (MBGn.DE), opens new tab, BMW (BMWG.DE), and Audi, which produce gas as well as EV models, inched up during that same...
  4. T

real world EVs review

If other EV manufacturers do not do their fair share of building reliable charging stations in a timely manner, the EV growth will continue to be linear and slow in my view.
  5. T

real world EVs review

At the same time Ford is planning on increasing their hybrid vehicle offerings in the next few years as opposed to EVs. So this might be good news for Tesla owners as they will not have to wait inline with too many non-Tesla EV owners charging on road trips.
  6. T

real world EVs review

EA road trippers must enjoy wasting hours of time "Was forced to last minute drive our ID.4 on a road trip because I discovered a slow leaking flat on ICE hybrid minutes before leaving and didn't want to risk it. Unfortunately the ID.4 wasn't fully charged, but I had just enough miles to get...
  7. T

TB Interval- Mileage v. Time

I am starting to face the same dilemma: last timing belt (OEM quality from Dieselgeek) on my 2004 Passat was done May 2018 and around 72,000 miles ago. Funds running somewhat low right now due to other work I had to do first.
  8. T

suggestions for basic/inexpensive clutch replacement

@MrRobogoat, you are right on the money! This is exactly what my VW independent mechanic recommended. When he said that, I realized that throughout the ownership of my 2004 Passat (I am the second owner, bought the car in 2012) I have never done a complete replacement of the eight control arms...
  9. T

Tire suggestion for 2002 Golf TDI GLS

So Kumho not so good? I was considering these for our 2006 Mazda 5: Kumho Ecsta LX Platinum KU27 205/50R17 93 W
  10. T

Amsoil In this Thread only

I recall in the past this Amsoil oil was certified as a VW 507. I do not see why it would not be suitable technically to be used in your 2015 Passat TDI. Of course, as stated above, you have other suitable and less expensive VW 507 oils available through Autozone and O'Reilly (as example).
  11. T

real world EVs review

Tesla slips as Wells Fargo warns of waning effect of price cuts over demand March 13 (Reuters) - Tesla shares (TSLA.O), opens new tab dropped about 2% on Wednesday after Wells Fargo raised concerns over the waning impact of price cuts by the world's most valuable automaker on the demand for its...
  12. T

Headlight

I would appreciate sharing your exact HID configuration that is working in your Passat and the link to get it. Recently I tried a set from XENONHIDS.com and during a mockup set up it would trip the fuse.
  13. T

Hello there, would you please provide me the exact HID configuration that has worked on your...

Hello there, would you please provide me the exact HID configuration that has worked on your B5.5 Passat? And also the link to where to order it from. I have a 2004 Passat wagon GLS. Thanks in advance.
  14. T

HID light kit and foggy lens covers

As a follow up I would add that recently I ordered a kit from XenonHIDS.com and my independent VW technician did a mockup installation and he could not get them to come on. It will always blow the fuse. He went to a higher amperage fuse and no joy. I am in the process of returning them.
  15. T

HID light kit and foggy lens covers

Hello everyone, bringing this thread from the past. Any recent experience with these DDM Tuning HID kit in your low beam B5 Passats headlights with H7 35w bulbs? https://ddmtuning.com/UltraHIDKit
  16. T

Castrol Very Tough to Source

I believe it is a 5 quart container.
  17. T

I stand corrected. He did not use the same shaved bolts. He used new ones such as the link in post # 89 by MEgearhead (https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/audi-flywheel-bolt-oe-supplier-n90665001) I do have the car back with a new clutch from Valeo (SMF). He put approximately 500 miles on my...
  18. T

real world EVs review

https://www.morningbrew.com/daily/issues/dumping-dating-apps? "Stat: The Toyota Prius may have gotten a makeover in recent years to help shed its image as the car for people who consider granola its own food group, but it’s still got the environmental bona fides. The nonprofit American Council...
  19. T

Sorry folks but as I was reading these latest conversations I remember now the technician telling me that once he inspected the original installation he gave very good marks to it (I agree Robby in Austin did this in 2013 and he is an excellent TDI guru in my book), also he remarked that the...
  20. T

So you are saying after 10 years and 130,000 miles the bolt heads became the culprit, not wear and tear on the clutch components as normally happens to most vehicles?