Search results

1. M

FS; ALH, NEW Timing Belt Kit (100k), Injectors, Lifters, VagCom etc

Guys... I sold the last Tdi last year (2002) Jetta. It was ready for it's second timing belt and I'd decided to change the Hyd Lifters and put in some Bosio Sprint 520's. All the parts were bought from idparts total $552.75 (Sprint 520's $179, 100k Timing Belt Kit $318 w/Continental Belt...
  2. M

It's been fun...

OK guys, I closed the door today on VW Tdi's. Since 1998, 5 Beetle Tdi's, 2 Jetta's and 1 Golf. Sold the '02 Jetta today. I'd planned on keeping the Jetta longer but business wise I'm am too busy to work on it and I just don't drive the miles that I used too. Back in '98 Diesel was...
  3. M

FS/2003 Jetta, 5 Speed, 169k, White, S.C. (no Salt) 2 Owner

SOLD! FS/2002 Jetta, 5 Speed, 169k, White, S.C. (no Salt) 2 Owner $5900.00 OK Guys... I think I'm about ready to get of out of the Tdi business. I'm to the point business wise, I don't have time to take care of the Tdi so it needs to go. I refuse to just drive it into the ground (or let...
  4. M

1999-2002 Jetta Lawsuit

I expected there'd already be a thread on this. I received two letters in the mail yesterday on a Class Action Lawsuit against VW of America The grounds of the Lawsuit concern the Lower Spoiler when backed off a curb or similar obstruction that caused damage to the spoiler part #abcdefgxxxxx...
  5. M

Got A New One (For Experienced Tdi Doc's)

We have an '03 Jetta that has had a vibration for the past two years. I've changed tires (and wheels) but it would still vibrate, you'd mainly notice in the steering wheel. Recently I figured out under a load it was worse so I started thinking about swapping the inside axle joints and felt...
  6. M

FS: 2002 Jetta Tdi, 5 Speed, South Carolina

OK... In some ways I hate to do this but, 2002 Jetta 5 Speed, 151k This is a Second owner car. I bought it from the original owner (an older guy) who had seat covers on the seats until I bought it. Timing belt was done at 80k and has the 100k parts on it. I installed a new clutch...
  7. M

WTT; 18" HP Wheels and Tires---->>

I have a set of Four 18" HP Wheels and Tires that I WANT to Trade for a Set of 15" or 16" Jetta wheels (yes, the HP's are 5x100). I'm looking for an EVEN swap on the wheels and tires accordingly (if your tires are better than mine, I'll kick in some boot, if mine are better than yours you kick...
  8. M

Fs: New Beetle Trailer Hitch $65.00

New Beetle Trailer Hitch, in good condition. I do have a picture of this one. Check the CL picture. I have the hitch receiver but it's not pictured but included. You pay exact shipping from 29566. Check ebay if you want a Shock on the current prices! mxsxc at yahoo dot com
  9. M

FS: LUKE DMF Pressure Plate & Clutch Disc (NEW) $100.00

New LUKE DMF Pressure Plate and Clutch Disc. Flywheel was separated from the set (and used). Cleaning out the shop I found the parts. I'll try to take some pictures today or email me and I'll send them to you. Estimate shipping at 10 pounds from 29566 to your Zip! mxsxc at yahoo dot com
  10. M

FS, 1998 Beetle Tdi, 5 Speed, S.C.

This car has a SALVAGE Title :eek: :eek: OH MY GOSH! IT's been in a serious wreck... With a Dad Gum Tree, while it was sitting dead still! KaaaaaWhack, right down the middle of the roof. I bought the car a couple of years ago and put a "new" roof on it... and the "new" roof has a Sun Roof! :D...
  11. M

1998 Bug Tdi, SC ------>

Guys, I'm about ready to decrease our Tdi count so it looks like the 1998 white Tdi will find a new home. The Info; This car has a SALVAGE Title :eek: :eek: OH MY GOSH! IT's been in a serious wreck... With a Dad Gum Tree, while it was sitting dead still! KaaaaaWhack, right down the...
  12. M

Yes, Another Clutch Thread

Just finished the clutch job on our 2002 Jetta Tdi (with 119k). After much thought I decided on the Valeo G60 from Diesel Geek. After driving 10 different Tdi's several hundred thousand miles I very hesitantly ordered the Valeo hoping that with the larger springs in the clutch disc that it...
  13. M

FS; 1998 New Beetle, Tdi, 5 Speed, SR, Cold AC!

FS; 1998 New Beetle, Tdi, 5 Speed, SR, Cold AC! South Carolina OK guys... I just made a deal on a 2002 Jetta Tdi and it looks like the 1998 Beetle needs to find a New Home. Yes, it does have a SunRoof. ;) I'll explain.... I bought this Tdi in 2006 that had a tree fall on the roof in a...
  14. M

HP Design 18" Wheels and 225/40-18 Tires------->

O Tay! There was a couple of people that expressed interested in my wheels before I decided to sell them. Since I'd rather someone from here get them instead of putting them on flebay... here they are. The wheels are 18" HP Design (yes, you can check the price on flebay) the'll fit New...
  15. M

So What Are You Going To Do?

OK guys (my apologies Ladies) it's about time to do something other than COMPLAIN (me). The freakin cost of diesel is killing me. We have 2 Tdi's, 1 F-250 Powerstroke, one Gasser and a couple of motorcycles, a BMW R1100 RS that gets 35 mpg around town and 50ish on the highway. The Newest Toy...
  16. M

Tire Wheel Size Test (18" to 16")

OK guys... My 1998 Bug Tdi (yes) is not getting as good of mileage as our other Beetle Tdi's. This is my second 1998 Beetle Tdi, the first I bought new, also owned a 1999, a 2000 and a 2004 w/DSG (and a 2000 Jetta that actually posted a running 53mpg and... and ... a 2004 Golf Tdi). Back to the...
  17. M

Burnout (Intake)

I have the head off an '01 that had a leaky head gasket looking at the intake it looked pretty darn clean but decided to try the "Redneck Intake Cleaning". Geeeeeee Whizzzz, the amount of crud that burnt out was amazing. After the burn (there's a video here somewhere) and it cooled there was...
  18. M

DSG Questions...

I have an '04 Beetle Tdi with the DSG. I bought the car wrecked with 42k on the clock and don't know if the DSG was serviced at 40k or not. I've noticed the DSG does not lock into first gear so quickly... with a Very Keen Ear I can hear the dogs in the transmission slipping until almost...
  19. M

'99 Beetle, Tdi, 5 Speed FS in S.C.

1999 Yellow, Sunroof, 5 speed, Tdi. GLS package w/leather and window tint. My wife has put 25k on this Bug this year. She had been driving 70 miles a day so it has 165k on it now. The timing belt was done at 130k and a new clutch at 135k. AC nice and cold also. Tires are in good condition...
  20. M

Possible '99 Beetle Tdi, S.C.

Trying to make a tough decision. We have 4 Beetle Tdi's and we needed a 4 door car so I bought a '99 Mercedes. With insurance on 6 vehicles (1 truck and 1 motorcycle) I'm not going to seven. Our 1999 car is a GLS with 164k, 5 speed, leather, timing belt kit at 130k, clutch at 136k. This car...