Search results

1. P

P0401 & P2002 codes simultaneously

We got about 120000km out of our second DPF (replaced under the emissions warranty). Replacement parts and tune were ~$1700 plus a weekend of my labour to install. Those missing parts did collect $400 at the recyclers last weekend though. Love the missing parts performance.
  2. P

Jordan's C5 Allroad --> BHW TDI

Also interested in seeing progress. I’ve owned both a B5 Passat wagon and a C5 Allroad, interior in the hatch is bigger on the B5, shoulder room in the C5 is bigger (but not much). Current owner of a A6 Sportwagen and I still miss the size of the B5.
  3. P

PSA: Check your power distribution block

On my 2003 TT that cable would be warm/hot to the touch next to the fuse box. If hot, either replace the cable (alternator to fuse) or cut and crimp in a new ring connector.
  4. P

WTB: MkVI Sportwagen/CJAA delete pipe

Awesome, thanks for the link.
  5. P

WTB: MkVI Sportwagen/CJAA delete pipe

Looking for a DPF delete pipe for a 2011 Sportwagen, shipped to Calgary, Alberta Canada. Thanks.
  6. P

Opinion on brands for new CV axles

Fair enough. I'd have no issues with ordering from Marty at Raxles based on past experience. I have also ordered a bunch of stuff from ID Parts so no issues recommending them. I have heard in the VW community issues with aftermarket axles having high vibration but have no direct experience...
  7. P

Opinion on brands for new CV axles

I've used Raxles on two previous cars (2000 Passat & 2004 Allroad) - no complaints or issues. I believe that he rebuilds only OEM axles (so if you ship him an aftermarket core you don't get your core charge back). The Passat would have been over 10 years ago while the Allroad would have been...
  8. P

Allroad BHW/02X TDI Conversion

Following with great interest - I owned a 2004 manual Allroad which I turned in for a cheque when insurance wrote it off. My 1 1/2 years of ownership was very expensive for a number of reasons (and it was low mileage to boot). I used that insurance cheque to buy our 2011 TDI sportwagen and...
  9. P

Tallest Tire for a 2014 JSW with 17" Wheels?

I run 205-60R16s for my winter tires. Tire/wheel width and offset will all make a difference. You can look up nominal tire diameters on Tirerack.com to compare overall diameters.
  10. P

Shifter Assembly Question

The ‘05 is actually similar to the Audi’s (A4 & A6) than any of the Jetta/golf/newer Passats. Think longitudinal engine in your ‘05 vs transverse in the Jetta/Golf/etc.
  11. P

Large Radiator Fan Replacement

Currently have my radiator out on our 2011 TDI Sportwagen (leak discovered on Friday night by my kid who drives the car mostly now) and am waiting on delivery of the replacement. Thought I’d tackle replacing the large fan while it is out (I’ve been ignoring the fan controller fault but no better...
  12. P

Rear Springs

I’ll check spring colours on mine tonight, welcome to have them if you send a shipping label (might not be worth it in the end).
  13. P

Rear Springs

If you are near Calgary, I have a pair of stock springs out of a 2011 manual - yours if they’ll work.
  14. P

DPF light wont turn off

Codes for our 2011 show NOx catalyst issues (200k but 70k since dpf replacement). You’ll need a VW specific reader to get the dpf codes.
  15. P

Calgary Alberta VW mechanic?

I had a mixed experience with them when I took my Allroad into them years ago. I've also used TuneDub for a couple of timing belt changes - no complaints although pricey.
  16. P

Calgary Alberta VW mechanic?

I autocross with Cam at Carline in the northeast, he does seem to be quite busy these days so might take a couple weeks to get in to see your car. I have taken both my Miata and 2011 TDI to him for miscellaneous stuff I can’t get to myself.
  17. P

2010 Jetta P0641

Thanks - I'll keep tabs on it to see if it reoccurs again so I can hook up my VCDS again. I was holding off on the new intake install anyways, the CEL hasn't come back in a while, maybe during the summertime heat.
  18. P

2010 Jetta P0641

I just pulled codes yesterday from my 2011 TDI Wagon (doing an oil, filter, fuel filter, air filter maintenance cycle at ~181k miles) and it popped up a P0641 - open circuit - intermittent for me. When I double checked the mileage listed it pretty much matched up with a road trip limp mode and...
  19. P

WTB: mk6 Jetta Front Springs or spring+struts

I have a set of stock springs out of a TDI wagon (2011) that you are welcome to. Yours for shipping if they will work with your Jetta. Located in Canada, but easy enough to ship south. John
  20. P

Remote Control Self Opening Tailgate Mod ,easy £30 upgrade- see video

Ok, tried this tonight with the cheapo 2"x3/4" springs available at the local Lowes hardware store, definitely not enough spring load so I'm going to look at purchasing some from your eBay link. Why did you pick yellow? I think I'll order up two yellows and two reds and play with it a bit...