Search results

1. T

Immo 3 Full body Bug swap??

I have a bug that I just finished an auto to 5 speed swap on, and I was wondering if... The ECU and Cluster from my old bug could be swapped over at the same time without have the pin code?
  2. T

Question for the turbo experts???

I have a Jeep Liberty turbo I bought cheeeep a couple of years ago, but I have heard they have surge issues on a VWTDI. I have located a GT2052S 12755106 from an 2003 Saab that I may be able to get for little money. Now for the big question....would a hybrid using the Jeep hot-side and the Saab...
  3. T

Coolant temp "Flickering" on scangauge

The coolant temp reading on my Scan-gauge flickers and at times the flicker shows a different temp for just an instant. I suspect that my coolant temp sender is on the fritz, and just wanted to see if anyone else had experienced this "Flicker". The Scan-gauge shows this flicker, on a fairly...
  4. T

Parting Out 2 NB's 1 Red '00 1 Blue '02

Parting out 1 Red '2000 New Beetle, and 1 '2002 New Beetle..... Red NB has gray interior panels, and no engine or transmission. (2.0L gas car Auto trans) Body is good except passenger door. Blue car has gray interior panels and black cloth seats. Body is rough but has some good panels. If...
  5. T

Anyone still running a Jeep Liberty Turbo?

Is there anyone on here still running a turbo from a Jeep Liberty? I got one cheap off of E-bay years ago, but some users had issues with them and shelved the project. I have often wondered if the surge prone compressor could be swapped for a more forgiving unit, or even if the compressor...
  6. T

Wanted: A4 Chassis or complete Non-running

I'm looking for a complete TDI chassis, or a non-running TDI. I have have an engine and trans from my current car but need to do a body swap.:rolleyes: Any A4 ...Golf, Jetta, Beetle (prefer Golf or Jetta) with a reasonably straight body and interior.;)
  7. T

WTB: A4 not running...for a swap.

I need an A4 chassis, complete to swap my 2002 TDI and trans into. I was involved in a gas to diesel swap but a poor choice on my part, and the fact that my wife will be having open heart surgery on 8/14 has caused me to back up and punt. I am open to any Golf, Jetta, or Bug that has a...
  8. T

Passat Questions???

I have given in on my NB swap, but may have a option to get a Passat with a blown engine. The year is from 99 to 2003 so it is a B5 or B5.5 (checking model year now). Is this body style transverse engine mounting? I am thinking yes but want to make sure before I waste time to go look at it...
  9. T

New Beetle gas to TDI swap.

I have a 2002 TDI NB (5 speed) that has a rough body, and i have a 2001 2.0 gasser NB (Slushbox) that has a blown engine. What items do i need to swap over? I know the engine/trans swaps, plus the engine wiring harness and ECU...what else? I've had the gasser for a year now and the wife is...
  10. T

Need to adjust IQ?

I have a rough idle that comes and goes. it is primarily rough in hot weather, and is smooth as silk on a cool morning. I am think the ecu is adjusting IQ for temp and is causing this? I have Vagcom and can adjust, I just wanted a second opinion.
  11. T

Nozzle decisions

I am at a decision point, and would like some input. I feel my nozzles are worn, and need either re-calibration or replacement. My mileage is not up to snuff, and I feel the idle should be smoother. The engine seems sound, so I'm pretty certain the nozzles are off. I have put 60K miles in the...
  12. T

WANTED Dead AC Compressor..

The clutch on my AC has spontaneously disassembled itself. If anyone has a dead compressor with clutch that I could get to salvage the clutch off of I would be thrilled.
  13. T

I need to trick the ECU into a cold start...

I know this isn't a power question but this is the forum all the ECU gurus hang out in.... I have an alternator that is shutting down under heavy load(like the glowplugs), then charging OK when the demand is lower. This alternator is under warrentee but the vendor has to diagnose the failure...
  14. T

What about those "other" pump heads?

What about those other pump heads? You know the ones I mean (Chinese).... surely the Bosch ones are not all made in Germany. Are any non-Bosch heads worth having? Anybody out there using a Chinese knock-off successfully? Feel free to PM me if you're too embarassed, or don't want to face the...
  15. T

Can a 10mm IP and PP520s support a 2056?

I got a deal on a VNT-2056 off af a 2005 Jeep Liberty Diesel (2.8L). I wasn't really in the market for a bigger turbo just yet, let alone one that will require adaptation to fit, but the price was just too good. I currently have a stock 10mm pump and PP520 nozzles. If I install this turbo with...
  16. T

02' NB ALH upgrade advice/options?

As the title suggests I'm looking for some input on upgrades to my 02' NB. This is what I have to start with.... Up stage 2 pp520 injectors race pipe vr6 clutch 10lbs flywheel TT shifter boost valve @15psi VDO boost gauge In the next couple of weeks I plan to add an intercooler. Most likely...
  17. T

JAX GTG Speedtrap Alert!!!!!

Anyone heading south on I-75 to get to the JAX GTG be VERY carefull in Cook County, GA. South of Tifton down to Valdosta. It seems that speeding tickets are a primary source of revenue for Cook County and they run multiple cars around the clock with laser set up on the overpasses. We went to...
  18. T

Upsolute and EGR?

My NB has an Upsolute Stage 2 chip. Does this chip normally have the EGR function deleted? My car has a Racepipe installed. I had been getting EGR MIL's so I built and installed an Epsilon circuit to fool the ECU. This eliminated the EGR MIL's, but about a week ago the codes started up again...
  19. T

ALH Head Bolt Dimensions?

Can someone tell me the size, thread pitch, and length of the head bolts on and ALH engine?:confused: After the ARP Head Stud thread I would like to try a "Non-Stretch" head bolt to see if it makes any difference.:rolleyes:
  20. T

Timing how far advanced...???

My timing is currently slightly advanced(about 1/5th up from green on Vag Com). When members talk of advancing for performance and mileage...how far do they usually go? Closer to the upper limit? I'm not getting very good mileage out of my 02' Beetle and have found a bad coolant temp sensor...