Search results

1. C

interesting info on turbo drain angle...

Just battling a problem with oil drain on and ALH vanagon conversion right now. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=508539 Im surprised the VNT15 in the stock drain location has no issues at 50deg. There must be just enough of an air gap to allow the CCV pressure to pass above the oil...
  2. C

Turbo Options - ALH

No unfortunately, the OEM drain hole was about level with the turbo drain at the tilt. I do think I could potentially run a tee to this location from the drain to allow CCV pressure on both sides of the oil. Should help with the problem you described. I shot an email to Owain at Malone tuning...
  3. C

Turbo Options - ALH

Thanks 486, btw love your builds. Has to be some of the most creative stuff ive seen on here. The drain bung is already very similar to a 1.8T setup. I could move it down maybe an inch but it wouldn't change the oil height in the line (as there is some oil in line with engine off) I think the...
  4. 20200420_203422

20200420_203422

5. 20200618_141325

20200618_141325

6. C

Turbo Options - ALH

I am finishing up a ALH conversion into an old Vanagon which has been tilted over at about 53 degrees. Unfortunately, even though the oil drain from the turbo is about 3 inches higher than the oil in the pan I am getting oil through the turbine wheel at idle. Right now I am using a BHW turbo...
  7. Vanagon ALH

Vanagon ALH

8. C

Clutch Kit Options - 228mm

Other option looks like Valeo 835012. Good for 300 ft-lb but have heard the DMF is much smoother
  9. C

Clutch Kit Options - 228mm

Looking for the most economical longitudinal clutch kit for a longitudinal 228mm setup. Whitbred has a nice solution converting to the larger 240mm but its more than Id like to spend. Looking to use DMF as ive heard SMF conversions are choppy. Best option looks like the clutch for the AWX...
  10. C

01m transmission only 146km (90k miles)

Pulled from a wrecked 2001 beetle. In very nice shape, TQ converter looks like new. Looking for $500 CAD obo See local ad for more detail https://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/Tdi-01m-transmission-only-146km_32491372
  11. C

Flipped V6 trans into Tdi Vanagon. Tim Shettle adapter plate

Bump this I want to know how many around here are actually running a flipped gearbox and what the feedback is. What did you end up with for ground clearance to bellhousing? Looks like 7" or so with stock tires? What sort of lifespan do you get on your CV joints? Any solutions for the shift...
  12. C

2001 Beetle with 01m for parts only 86k miles

As titles says, everything availible except engine. Black in color. Front end damaged. Make me an offer
  13. C

'84 Toyota Truck 1Z TDI Swap

Are you using the Toyota sender and gauge? Because they are notorious for dropping to 0 on the gauge when there is still some pressure there. I would get a proper gauge and check your hot idle psi if you haven't done already, at least that gives you a number to work with. I would think you'd...
  14. C

Season Greetings

Merry Christmas and a happy year of wrenching, blowing things up and reaching personal milestones in 2017! Remember, hp goals also count as a resolution.
  15. C

What would you do to an ALH engine if rebuilding?

Turbo upgrades dont get much cheaper. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=469280
  16. C

What would you do to an ALH engine if rebuilding?

17/22 is an older inefficient turbo compared to the new stuff. 1756vk if you want near PnP or look to a newer gtc/gtd turbos if you want drivability for the wife as well as power when you want to go joyride.
  17. C

Improving Oil Galley Piston Cooling

That's just the sound of the club processing your latest information bomb. Great info as always. My only comment would be do you believe there are any gains in bumping up the squirter diameter? The smaller the orifice the further the oil will "squirt" and at a higher pressure drop/ likely...
  18. CakeD

CakeD