Search results

1. W

FS: a set of the hard metal injector lines (VE engine) in Baltimore

SOLD I've had these on the shelf for about a year, from when I swapped engines in my old TDi Jetta. I don't think I'll ever have a need for them, so I'll put them up for sale on this site. I have no idea of their value, so I'll start at $50 shipped, $40 picked up. Sorry, I forgot to add...
  2. W

FS: Bentley manual for TDi Beetle

Hello, I've just sold my TDi Beetle, so I have no more use for the manual. It's in great shape, no tears or fudged up pages. $45 shipped or if you are in the Baltimore area, you can pick it up for a cheaper price.
  3. W

another good experience w/ Wegener Engineering

I let Oliver do the t-belt service on my '99 TDi Beetle 'fix and sell' car. Just like everyone else who has delt with him, it was a perfect experience. He is just a first class guy all the way. Great work, great work ethic, great prices, easy to talk with. 'Loaner dog' is friendly,too! Thanks...
  4. W

'99 TDi Beetle GLS in Baltimore

'99 TDi Beetle GLS in Baltimore, pics inside. SOLD SOLD SOLD! I'll ask an moderator to remove the ad Here is the Bettle that I am selling. I bought from the second owner with the sole intention of re-selling it after I fixed whatever it needed to pass the MD state inspection...
  5. W

wanted:T-belt service done on a '99 TDi Beetle

Hello- I got a '99 TDi Beetle that I'm going to sell, but I want to have a t-belt service done on it before I sell it so I'm looking for someone that knows what they're doing and has VAGCOM to check it afterwards. I'm in the Baltimore area. I know that Oliver does this work, but I haven't been...
  6. W

FS: injector hard lines (ALH) and tranny 'dog bone' with Powerflex bushings

Hi everyone, I sold my TDi Jetta a few months ago, but I still have a few pieces laying around from the engine swap. I have a full set of the metal injector lines in perfect condition, $50 shipped to your house. I also have a stock tranny "dog bone" mount that I installed Power Flex bushings...
  7. W

FS: ALH engine accessories, cheap...

Hello, I have some left over accessories from when I swapped out a bad engine over the winter. The parts came from a 2001 ALH engine. I have an engine cover ( good shape, but missing all of the foam on the underside), a PS pump, an A/C compressor w/ a clutch, an alternator and some pieces from...
  8. W

FS: 99.5 TDi Jetta GLS, great condition, Baltimore, MD

Hello everyone, I have a 99.5 Jetta 5 speed that I've owned for a few months and have put a lot of hard work into. The chassis has 153K on it. I replaced the original blown engine with one from a 2003 Jetta w/ an automatic.The replacement engine had 110K on it. I did the t-belt service (100K...
  9. W

Thanks to John at Worldimpex

I was able to use the lift all day today to install new Bilstein HD's on my TDi. I know John lets customers use the lift when they purchase parts from him, But I still wanted to say 'thanks'. It was sooo nice to have a lift to use, and to be inside where there was heat! On a side note- the...
  10. W

FS: a few ALH parts

I have a few left over parts from the old engine that was in my Jetta. I have an injection pump, hard lines and an exhaust manifold / turbo. The parts have about 145K on them. I'm asking $250 for the pump and $100 for the mani/turbo.
  11. W

Power differences between 5 speed and automatic?

My 99.5 TDi is a 5 speed car. The replacement engine I bought was from a Jetta with an automatic. I know that the automatic cars got the 11mm injection pump, but is there a difference in the HP or Torque ratings? It doesn't really matter much to me, I'm just curious. I'm enjoying the way the...
  12. W

I got some VAGCOM help today, the car screams now!

I just want to say thanks to Oliver, if he reads this. He offered to check the CEL for me, so I took the car over to his place today. He plugs in the laptop, checks the timing. I saw it, too. It was right smack in the middle of the graph, right where it needed to be. Then Oliver saw that the IQ...
  13. W

Anyone around Baltimore with a EVO or Diesel geek skid plate?

I'm very interested in buying one of these skid plates, but I'd like to see one that's already installed on a Jetta/Golf. I want to see how exactly the mounting points are taken care of. If anyone local has one on their car, please contact me. Thanks!
  14. W

FS: ALH long block, needs rebuilding or for parts

The dead engine out of my 99.5 Jetta TDi is up for grabs. I bought the car with the engine already dead. It appears to have suffered from a failed oil pump. Cam journals 1 and 2 will need repairs. ( welded and aline bored) It looks like the crank will need polishing, but I didn't see any deep...
  15. W

any input shaft engagement issues with the G60/VR6 clutch?

I got my G60 flywheel back from the machine shop today. I also got the dead engine pulled from the jetta, and I got the stock DM flywheel off. I decided to take some measurments and compare them between the stock flywheel and the G60 flywheel. I came up with a difference of about .400 on the...
  16. W

aftermarket IC pipes?

I was looking at how restrictive the IC pipes are on the ALH engine. It got me to wondering if any aftermarket company is making a better flowing set of IC pipes?
  17. W

rear main seal isn't replaceable?

my replacement engine arrived yesterday for my 'new' 99.5 TDi Jetta. It's a used, good running engine I bought from undergroundvwparts. I thought it would be a good idea to replace the crank seal, cam seal and rear main seal before I install the engine. Impex told me that the seal is only...
  18. W

could anyone provide me the deminisions of the cam lock tool?

I built an injection pump locking pin at work last night, and I'd like to build my own cam lock tool. Could anyone possible provide me the basic deminsions of the tool?
  19. W

I need opinion about the best way to remove the engine

I just bought a 99.5 TDi Jetta with a dead engine. I have a good replacement engine on the way, so I want to start removing the old engine/tranny. I'm considering 2 different ways of removing it. If anyone has any personal experience as to which way is better/faster/safer, please let me know...
  20. W

question about the G60 flywheel used in the hybrid clutch upgradre

Will the TDC mark on the G60 flywheel still be able to be used to indicate actual TDC on the ALH engine?