Search results

1. M

For Sale: 2006 Jetta TDI San Diego....WOW

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/1726849195.html This car has had thousands of $$ of VW upgrades plus 22mm HR rear sway and new Eibach springs and struts (car is 1.3" lower than stock) 17" VW alloys with 225/45/17 Continentals all around, free extra tires.....it's killer. 66,000 miles...
  2. M

06 Jetta TDI San Diego TONS of UPGRADES

TDI manual transmission, silver with gray leatherette interior. Heated seats, satellite radio (requires activation...currently I don't use it) Upgrades include: VW aerodynamic kit front/sides/rear, 17" VW alloy wheels with 225/45/17s, VW rear spoiler, VW special tail-lights, blue glass...
  3. M

Removing the non-fog lower grilles...Jetta V

So I'm doing the fog-light retro-fit and it looks like I just have the one screw to remove and the grilles pop out...but they're not popping out and I feel like I might break something if I pull any harder. They seem to be attached at the top where the chrome strip is located. What am I doing...
  4. M

Fog light wiring question ...... MK5 A5 Jetta

I've spent a great amount of time in the last couple of days looking through the threads here and vwvortex on the fog light wiring issue. I just wanted to double check that my info is correct. First, here's what I've collected for the fog light project (and keep in mind I don't want this...
  5. M

Is there a better alternative to Monster Mats?

Monster mats from VW are just cheap pieces of junk...not at all what one should expect from a German car company. Besides being made of flimsy material that wears out too fast, you have to buy all 4 even though you only put a hole from your heal in the driver's mat. Such a load of bunk! Is...
  6. M

Sound proofing A5 Jetta

I've done lots of searches and have tons of info.....now I need to know if anyone has tried to deaden the road noise in their 06-09 Jetta. My specific question is: does the sound come primarily from the floors? the doors? the wheel wells? the trunk? the engine? Or is it all of the above? I...
  7. M

2009 Jetta TDI Test Drive results

Took the beautiful white "Loyalty Edition" automatic out for a spin from City VW in San Diego tonight. The car had black 'ette interior and the Loyalty Edition is basically a Pakage 1 with the addition of the steering wheel buttons and a really cool 115V outlet in the rear climate...
  8. M

Interesting videos on Algae grown bio

http://www.prnewswire.com/broadcast/29815/press.html Company involved is Global Green Solutions (GGRN)
  9. M

Biofuel story makes Nat. Geographic cover!

Haven't read the article yet but it looks like a comprehensive report on the status of biofuels including ethanol, biodiesel, and algae-diesel.
  10. M

Revolution Green: The Biodiesel movie in San Diego

On Friday Sept 7th our main biodiesel vendor in San Diego (Pearson Fuels) is hosting a screening of the Willie Nelson movie "Revolution Green-A True Story of Biodiesel in America" narrated by Woody Harrelson. For tickets: http://www.sdecocenter.org/movies/revolutiongreen/ Movie info...
  11. M

"Revolution Green" A Biodiesel movie in San Diego

On Friday Sept 7th our main biodiesel vendor in San Diego (Pearson Fuels) is hosting a screening of the Willie Nelson movie "Revolution Green-A True Story of Biodiesel in America" narrated by Woody Harrelson. For tickets: http://www.sdecocenter.org/movies/revolutiongreen/ Movie info...
  12. M

B99 Vendor in San Diego Cuts Price!

Our local bio vendor Pearson Fuels (El Cajon Blvd and I-15) has reduced the price of B99 from 3.49 to 3.14 and pledges to keep the price down only if he can move lots of product...........so spread the word and keep the price down and your renewable fuel diet UP!!:D
  13. M

Wide-angle mirror? Ashpercal mirror? 06 Jetta

Has anyone replaced their side mirrors with wide-angle types? I would love to have something on both sides but was thinking a wide angle on the passenger side so I could maybe see the curb for parallel parking without adjusting the mirror each time. Thanks in advance.
  14. M

Order of importance for suspension mods: 06 Jetta

Who has an opinion on what I can do to tighten up the ride on my Jetta. I have the V-style 17" rims with 225/45/17 Contis. So should I start with some sport springs (which ones?) to lower the car about an inch? Anti-sway bars? Billsteins or Konis? Is there a great mod shop in SoCal...
  15. M

Buying a filter pack

I did a search and only found tdiparts.com for the A5 filter pack at $68. Is there another source that folks are using? Thanks in advance!
  16. M

WTB: 2005.5 or 2006 Jetta Manual

I would like a Pkg 1, leather, low miles, Texas or west of Texas (the further the better) marksdca@aol.com thanks (price negotiable but not looking for over $22K)
  17. M

2005 Beetle TDI 5spd San Diego

41,000 miles Lagoon Blue/Grey Leather, Sunroof, manual trans, runs great. marksdca@aol.com 16,900 or best
  18. M

1985 MBZ 300D and Biodiesel

Hey folks...my neighbor just bought an 85 300D and asked me about running bioD. We have B99.9 here in San Diego so he would be putting in the commercial stuff. Question: are there any good resources/forums for these older Benzes & Bio? Thanks in advance (I know nothing about the MBZ brand)
  19. M

FS: 2005 New Beetle TDI Manual

I think I want to upgrade to a Jetta...need more room in the back seat. Car has 37K miles, runs like a Swiss watch......Blue/Grey leather, heated seats, moonroof, Monsoon, newer tires and brakes, all 4 filters just changed.....oil too! $17.9K or offer.