Search results

1. F

P1403 EGR code, car won't pass inspection - VagCom experts please help

99.5 Golf with ALH engine. About a year ago for the first time I started getting the P1403 with a MIL, which means the people's republic flunks inspection and demands I spend up to a crazy amount of funds to fix it. I finessed passing inspection then by adapting the EGR. Then a short while ago...
  2. F

P1403: help with EGR adaptation

99.5 Golf, ALH, Massachusetts. Never a single problem with check engine light until now and I have to get an inspection with OBD-II this month. It's the old nemesis P1403: EGR Deviation. I thought I would try EGR adaptation via VCDS as a zero-cost way to possibly get the code to go away before...
  3. F

TDI help needed on Cape Cod

I'm at the end of my rope on Cape Cod. I need someone to re-seal my injection pump. The car runs like a top but when left overnight the i.p. loses prime. When re-primed, it starts and runs fine until left overnight again. This problem started literally one day about a week ago with no...
  4. F

A real competitor?

Is this a possible competitor to TDIs and other diesels http://www.technologyreview.com/energy/24701/?a=f ? Sure sounds like it. I have trouble with the mumbo jumbo crackpot tech explanation in the article; perhaps something has been lost in the translation, but sure looks like they might have...
  5. F

Rattle noise turns out to be silly

I thought this would be of passing interest. Everyone knows how gol-durned annoying rattles are, and how fiendishly difficult to track down and deal with. I had this ANNOYING rattle in my Golf TDI that would only appear from time to time. You would swear it was coming from the glove box, or...