Search results

1. T

Anyone want an Alientech window controller?

Cleaning out the garage, found that Alientech controller I bought in maybe 2002 and never used. Anybody want it?
  2. T

FS: 2001 Golf GLS TDI 5-speed (Portland, OR)

Hey TDIClub, long time no see! Well it's been a great 13+ years and almost 174k miles but the time has come to move up to something bigger. I've got this priced optimistically on CL just to see what might bite, but of course I'd give a TDIHead a better deal. Copypasta follows: * Original owner...
  3. T

Putting a TDI into an Audi A3

Hi folks - long time no see. Lately I've been lusting after the occasional Audi A3 I see on the road, and have been dreaming about swapping a TDI into an A3. Any thoughts on what engine would be the easiest to swap? Would it be better to bring over a euro engine or try to drop in a domestic...
  4. T

Unexpected rev-up, black cloud on startup

Greetings TDIers, long time no see. So I went to start up my 01 Golf 5 speed the other day(chipped, 136k miles, B99), and it did something strange - the RPMs blipped up for a half second, accompanied by a puff of black smoke from the tailpipe. This happened after I had driven home from work...
  5. T

Front turn signal burned contact and mystery filament

Hello friends... the other day my left turn signal (01 Golf) started doing the burned-out-bulb rapid-flash. I determined it to be the front bulb, so I located a replacement (took two tries and cost over six bucks! - the amber version of the bulb, which I needed, was the tough part). When I dug...
  6. T

Disc brake caliper windback tool, $15.99@ Harbor Freight

This is a great price on a very useful tool. Used for returning disc brake caliper pistons to their original positions when installing new pads- deals with resetting the e-brake auto-adjuster gizmo that you'd break if you tried to do this with just a c-clamp. Includes adapters for most cars. If...
  7. T

New B99 pump at Leathers Truck Stop in Aurora

Leathers Truck Stop off I-5 Exit 278 at the Aurora/Donald interchange is the first truck stop in Oregon to offer BIOFUELS for both gas and diesel vehicles. B99 BIODIESEL for diesel engines – sourced from SeQuential-Pacific Biodiesel in Salem – and E85 BIOETHANOL for gas engines will be available...
  8. T

Gettin' cold in the PNW, check your fuel!

Take note that the forcast includes lows near 20F this week in Portland (and I assume all around the Northwest). Make sure you're fuel is correctly blended/additized! (just a friendly public service announcement)
  9. T

Cold weather BD performance

Cold weather BD performance in Western OR So with the recent cold weather and the change to ULSD, I've been doing some experiements with different blends and additives. I'm posting this in the west coast section because it's a climate-specific test. This was initially spurred when I noticed...
  10. T

Biodiesel oil analysis

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?p=1421205 Just tryin to drum up some discussion....
  11. T

New B99 pump on SE McLoughlin Blvd, PDX

Guys, just happened to pass by a new BD pump on McLoughlin south of Milwaukie about a mile, just south of Concord St, North of the Oak Grove Fred Meyer, West side of the road. They have a SoyPower sign out and are selling for $3.39/gal, which I think is a bit steep (especially given that they...
  12. T

2001 Golf Biodiesel oil analysis

Mobil Truck & SUV 5w40, 10k miles on sample, 110k on engine. Iron-40 Chromium-2 Lead-19 Copper-5 Tin-0 Aluminum-4 Nickel-1 Silver-0 Silicon-4 Boron-53 Sodium-19 Potassium-5 Magnesium-96 Calicum-2202 Phosphorus-748 Zinc-952 Molybdenum-77 Fuel-A Water<0.1%Vol Visc@100c-10.6 cST TBN-5.87 soot-.1...
  13. T

New BD pumps in Eugene, NE PDX

From the Sequential newsletter: 1) b99 Cardlock Pump Opens in Eugene! Now b99 biodiesel is available all hours in Eugene! We’re happy to announce the opening of a b99 Biodiesel cardlock pump at First and Blair in Eugene! Customers with a Tyree Cardlock card will be able to access the pump 24...
  14. T

91 Suburban alternator question

Guys, I know this is pretty far afield from the TDI spectrum, but I know one of you knows the answer. I have a 91 Suburban 6.2 diesel. It sat inoperative all winter due to a fuel system air leak, but I've just resurrected it. Problem is, now I have a battery light and an apparently...
  15. T

New B99 (cardlock) pumps in Tigard&NW PDX

I just got my CFN card from Carson oil, and filled up at their B99 cardlock pump on NW 35th. They are selling Soypower brand from the midwest, currently @ $3.05/gal vs the $3.29 Sequential is charging. So far so good, seems like good fuel, and damn that pump is FAST. There is a big nozzle and...
  16. T

Need a competent glass shop in PDX

Friends- just got back from a road trip to San Francisco, where I was met by the welcoming committee who smashed my rear passenger side window(ironically the same window smashed in 01) and grabbed my laptop. So, I'm in need of a competent shop to fix it. The last time around Safelite did a...
  17. T

What's up with gas prices/octane in South Dakota??

Friends- I recently returned from a road trip from Boston-Portland (no, not Maine, and no, not driving my TDI), and I noticed a couple strange things about South Dakota: 1) Octane ratings were lower... "regular" unleaded was 85.5 instead of 87, other grades were similarly lower. 2) Many/most...
  18. T

Another B99 station in PDX

Guys- I just logged into the Sequential BD site and noted yet another retail B99 pump in town: Leather's Fuels 18145 SE Division (Division and 182nd) Mon-Fri 5am-10pm Saturday 6am-10pm Sunday 6am-9pm
  19. T

New BD pump in PDX Central Eastside

Friends- I was driving down Grand Ave this weekend and saw on the sign of the formerly-Texaco (the big carwash one that turned into a no-name brand, not the former Burns Bros that is now a shiny new Shell) large text indicating "BIO-DIESEL $2.99". They were closed at the time, and I haven't been...
  20. T

Diesel compression tester$16.99@Harbor Freight

Just got this in my email, thought it might be helpful to someone. http://ww2.harborfreightusa.com/showpage_retail.taf?pageid=214&email=