Search results

1. T

Anyone want an Alientech window controller?

Cleaning out the garage, found that Alientech controller I bought in maybe 2002 and never used. Anybody want it?
  2. T

FS: 2001 Golf GLS TDI 5-speed (Portland, OR)

What can I say, 5-speed TDIs are in high demand around here.
  3. T

Sorry guys, went for 8k on Craigslist.
  4. T

Hey TDIClub, long time no see! Well it's been a great 13+ years and almost 174k miles but the time has come to move up to something bigger. I've got this priced optimistically on CL just to see what might bite, but of course I'd give a TDIHead a better deal. Copypasta follows: * Original owner...
  5. T

Donation Fundraiser for Marcell Campbell (buckweat_diesel)

Oh no... the Oilhammer fundraiser brought me out of retirement, and I thought I'd poke around while I was here, and saw this. :( My heart goes out to Marcell and his family.
  6. T

Fund Raiser for Oilhammer

Thanks to the IDParts newsletter for bringing this to my attention and bringing me out of TDIClub semi-retirement. Although I'm too far from St. Louis to have ever met Brian (nor even knew his "real" name until today!) I've seen him help out online far too many times to count and I've learned a...
  7. T

New Recall for front sunroof drains

That will be good until you park on a sufficient incline.
  8. T

Biodiesel Prices & Locations By State/province

Still $3.99 @ Sequential outlets in PDX... for that price difference it would almost be worth it to drive down and make a bulk purchase.
  9. T

Stories when filling up at "gasoline station"

Ordinarily the answer would be more bio is better, BUT: I see you have a 2011, and with those cars(with a DPF) higher concentrations of bio will cause issues with the DPF regeneration, leading to oil dilution... which is B-A-D. Even B20 has been shown to cause the problem. So you should...
  10. T

Sand under oil fill cap

But have you checked the snowscreen? :)
  11. T

New Recall for front sunroof drains

Why would they only cover the front drains? The rear ones are the real PITA.
  12. T

Inspection upon move

Right... but all of those things would still have his QC address. If, somehow, the cop got wind of the employment aspect, he's "just in town for a short contract". How short? Less than 20 days of course. Even if he does get cited for not notifying, the fine would probably be cheaper than...
  13. T

Inspection upon move

Sure, the DMV *says* that, but what enforcement is there? I'd suspect none. I lived/drove in Oregon on BC plates and insurance for a couple years and nobody ever looked at me funny. There's been a guy living down the street from me (in Oregon) for months with Texas plates who doesn't seem to...
  14. T

First snowfall of the year, Nokians suck.

At risk of sounding like a jerk, I don't know what you're smoking. My 01 Golf (on middle-of-the-road all-season tires from Les Schwab) has better snow performance than anything I've ever owned, not counting the cars with AWD. I wonder, is yours by chance an automatic? It seems to me that the...
  15. T

Hard starting when cold, for the 10,000th time!

Injection timing. It needs to be set in the upper half of the "spec" range to give good cold starts. Why they even made the bottom half of the range part of the spec is a mystery, since it makes the car cold-start poorly. You need VagCom to check/set it though.
  16. T

2010 TDI golf confirmed for North America

Yep, in this day and age(with ze intarwebs and whatnot), the location of the plant (Germany, Brazil, Poland, Mexico, on the friggin moon) should have zero bearing on how configurable or customizable it is - not counting emissions and safety related options such as engine selection of course...
  17. T

My new CCV system...Version 3.0

The idea is to condense oil vapor out of the CCV system before it makes it into the intake, based on the theory that the intake clogging happens due to hot, sooty EGR gasses and cool, oily CCV gasses combining and forming 'sludge'. So theoretically, it helps prevent intake clogging. There is...
  18. T

Audi A3 2.0 TDI Coming to the US!!

Wheelbase is 101.5 inches for both according to google.. surprising as the A3 'looks' longer. Amen brother... except I'm getting impatient! And I don't want that butt-ugly Forester either...
  19. T

Hard starting when cold, for the 10,000th time!

I'm not an expert but I believe the timing on PD engines is dependent on the timing of the cam, so if the cam is off then the timing is off. This sounds like a timing issue.