Search results

1. J

Halifax-area VAG-COM

Hi @Hoodie, I am wondering if you can help me also? I have as issue I need to solve and need someone with a VAGCOM. If you're willing can I run this by you? Jeff
  2. J

Help needed with an OBD2 and changing a code

Hi there, It's been a long time since I was here! I no longer own a TD, so please don't beat up on me! I now have a 2011 Golf wagon and want to disable the seatbelt computer sensor so that it won't give me a warning chime. Does anyone here have the time and ability to help me? I can make it...
  3. J

A4 Jetta Parts cheap. Rims are gone.

The rims are gone. I have some items from my deceased TDI Jetta 2001 for sale. VW A4 Bentley's Repair Manual for Jetta, Golf, GTI 2000-2005 (includes turbos and TDIs), factory single CD changer, Thule roof rack mounts (not the bars). Make a reasonable offer. email me at unclecowboy1 at...
  4. J

A4 Jetta parts: rims, CD player, Bentley manual

The rims are gone. I have some items from my deceased TDI Jetta 2001 for sale. VW A4 Bentley's Repair Manual for Jetta, Golf, GTI 2000-2005 (includes tubos and TDIs), factory single CD changer, a VAG-Com cable, and Thule roof rack mounts (not the bars). Make a reasonable offer. email me...
  5. J

FREE: Roof rack mounts for '99 Jetta

Hi, I am giving away my roof rack mounts from my '99 Jetta TDI. They DO NOT include the bars. Will fit pre-99 Jetta's as well, not sure how far back. respond here or to unclecowboy1 (at) gmail. I live in Central Halifax near Oxford and Quinpool. Thanks, Jeff
  6. J

For Sale: '09.0 Jetta TDI

Hi guys, Give me a a call and I can tell you more about it. I haven't heard from anyone here so I will be posting it on Kijiji soon. Jeff
  7. J

For Sale: '09.0 Jetta TDI

Hi, I'm selling my '99.0 VW Jetta TDI for $1500. Here are the details: 388,000km, 5-speed manual, black, sunroof, power windows, 6-disc CD changer, engine block heater, a set of Michelin HydroEdge tires and a set of Green Diamond winter tires both on rims. The car has rust issues on the floor...
  8. J

Selling my TDI

Hi, I am very interested. Call me at 456-9994. I live in Halifax. Jeffrey
  9. J

In gear, Clutch is out, clicking sound, no power?

Thanks guys, this is good feedback. I would never have learned about the DMF clutch problem, or the cam problem if it wasn't for this uber-informative site. The amount of information here is astounding! I took my current '09.0 Jetta TDI (387,000km) into another local trusted mechanic to...
  10. J

Buying advice needed, WWYD?

Asking for car buying advice is tricky, but I'll go for it. I bought my '09.0 Jetta TDI because of this board, and now it is on it's last legs -- the floor has rusted out but it runs like a top. I am considering two options: 1) '06 Jetta TDI, built 07.05, 240km, $9500, luxury package, clean...
  11. J

In gear, Clutch is out, clicking sound, no power?

This is happening to a car I'm considering buying. It is a '06 Jetta build date 07.05, 150k miles, don't know engine type. After being started but not warm, letting out clutch while in gear got no power at all, but heard a clicking sound under hood. It happened once then corrected itself. Drove...
  12. J

'98 Jetta TDI 200k needs home

This not my car. My neighbor has a '98 Jetta TDI, ~200k KM, silver 5-speed. They can only get it into Reverse, 1st and 3rd gear. Mechanic says $2k to replace the tranny. I have no experience with the car so I can't give any info about it. Would anyone here be interested? Leave a reply here or...
  13. J

I need another TDI - leads?

Thanks Mike and others. My insurance company, to my complete surprise, has decided to fix the car! :) I don't need one now. Thanks for your help.
  14. J

You're right, those are silly numbers. :o Revised wish list: 2001 to 2006, ~200km, ~ $10K for a Golf or Jetta. There are several Harrington's so I am looking beyond that for something. Thanks guys!
  15. J

Doh! Price, year etc.....of course! I would like to spend around $8,000 for a Jetta or Golf TDI, less than 200,000km, years 2004-2006. I'll look on Kijiji, but was wondering if there were mechanics or any members here trying to sell. Thanks!
  16. J

I bought my beloved '99 Jetta TDI because of this BB. Alas, it will probably get totaled out due to an accident (not my fault). Besides Harrington's, what sources for TDI's are there out there? Is there a way to find sellers on this BB? Thanks, Jeffrey
  17. J

WWYD: '99 Jetta vs. '00 Hyundai Accent?

Thanks to this Forum I passed on the Hyundai and bought the '99 Jetta TDI. I feel like a kid on prom night, nervous (about repairs) and excited. I hope to connect with the Nova Scotia TDI'ers and learn more and see if I done good or not. There really is no comparison of these cars except for...
  18. J

Newbie in Halifax needs buying advice.

Thanks for the info guys. I'm very glad to hear about kburrells experience with Dave. I had the gut instinct that he is very honest and this helps me believe I'm correct. I'd like to come to the GTG tonight if possible. I may not have the car yet due to insurance etc. When will the next one be...
  19. J

Newbie in Halifax needs buying advice.

Sptorts guy, thanks for the reply. I asked Harrington's about contacting the previous owner or seeing service records and he claims that there is a new "privacy Act" forbidding dealers to give out info. I 'm not sure if this is true. I went and drove the car again, and he is doing all the...
  20. J

WWYD: '99 Jetta vs. '00 Hyundai Accent?

Jeez oilhammer, you are making this hard! ;) Your comment makes me think I could live with this car even tho' I'm not a tinkerer. I'll talk to the mechanic today to see what I can find out about the timing belt etc. I'm verbally committed to the Accent but hey, it's the car biz, right?!?