Search results

1. dizzyswimmer

Yet another AC thread....

I'm having the same problem, and am probably less than 15 miles from you. So I understand all to well that luke cold doesn't cut it in SW Ga ! I took mine to the shop this morning. They recommended compressor and condenser replacement. To go OEM through them, north of $1700.00 !!!!! Called...
  2. dizzyswimmer

Anyone else had headliner issues?

Should have followed up to my post. I got mine replaced by a Local trim shop for ( Get this ) $ 125.00 out the door. Told me it would take a day but it took 2. Said he will never do another for that price. I was surprised he stood by his quote after all the trouble they had.. Looks fantastic.
  3. dizzyswimmer

Volkswagen says US pickup is back on the table

I agree , We have to have a truck in the family If VW would sell this in the US I would buy one.
  4. dizzyswimmer

Anyone else had headliner issues?

My 06 bought new in June 07 has the headliner falling around the light and in the rear near the back window. Just out of warranty, needless to say I am kind of ticked about it. I feel a headliner should be good for more than 3 years. Luckily this is the first real issue I have had with my car...
  5. dizzyswimmer

Exhaust System Malfuntion

Cleaned the throttle body, Cranked the car and no code !!!! :D Looks like it was sticking. Thanks to all who offered help.
  6. dizzyswimmer

A5 5th gear mod?

I'd like to leave 5th the same and add a higher 6th.
  7. dizzyswimmer

Update Got the code cleared...... That lasted for about 18 seconds. The car does seam to Diesel a very samll amount at shut off, Can see a very small movement on the s belt. I also noticed it ideling a little rough at a stop sign on the way back ( first time I really noticed it ). I hade the...
  8. dizzyswimmer

Well so much for checking it today. I just got back in town. I will see if I can get the code cleared tomorrow morning.
  9. dizzyswimmer

I'll have to check into it this afternoon after I see if I can get the code cleared. I did however, find the code in the back of the Bentley's, I'm looking through the exhaust and emission controls section now. I have to go out of town this morning for work,but will jump back on this as soon...
  10. dizzyswimmer

Also, how could I check to see if the EGR is stuck ? Thanks
  11. dizzyswimmer

Thanks for all the responces ! This is a fantastic club ! The connection seams to be fine. I will see if I cn get the code cleared. The car is running great, so hopefully it was a brief problem. If I am able to get it cleared I'll find out. I really hate to make a trip to a dealership, if it...
  12. dizzyswimmer

Have Bentleys in hand. will see if I can find anything in there. I'll run back out and check the power connector in a few min.
  13. dizzyswimmer

I did disconnect the battery, The light was still on afterI reconnected it about 30 mins later.
  14. dizzyswimmer

What could cause it to fail or stick ?
  15. dizzyswimmer

No the car seams to run great. I went out and got the car from her at work. Ran like a champ got 52mpg on the way to get the code. ( highway ) . Thanks for all the help so far. I'm going to get a Bentleys now. Anyone else want to chime in please feel free.
  16. dizzyswimmer

The code is a P2112 Throttle Actuator Stuck Closed
  17. dizzyswimmer

Thanks Hurst. I'll run it by there when she gets home this afternoon.
  18. dizzyswimmer

looks like I need to buy one . Where is the best place to purchase?
  19. dizzyswimmer

I'm in Albany (SW )GA . I wish I were close. The nearest dealer is about 88 miles from me :(
  20. dizzyswimmer

My exhast system malfuntion light came on. My wife is in the car and just called me. It is not flashing. She says the book quotes " malfuntion developed during driving. -Reduced Quality of exhaust emmisions" Thought I would jump on here for some quick help. TIA