Search results

1. D

Entire TDI family named "Worst Foreign Car Engine Of All Time"

Our chipped tdi Jetta was a delight. It was stinking fast, and economical. Some maintenance issues...mass airflow sensors...
  2. D

Mass Airflow Sensor?

Follow up....Clean air filter; replaced regularly Dealer actually removed the snow screen; it was badly corroded.
  3. D

New to TDIClub? Introduce yourself here!

Back...been away for a long while. My tdi jetta was an incredible car. Hat's off to V-dub! Chipped it. It was fast!
  4. D

Entire TDI family named "Worst Foreign Car Engine Of All Time"

I have fond memories of our Jetta tdi. It was a joy. It surprised many gti's for performance! It was chipped. Good car. Thanks VW.
  5. D

Irving or Sunoco?

I was impressed with Irving. We drove from Toronto to Newfoundland and back a year ago. 8600 klicks in 6 driving days. Irving was everywhere on the Rock. (We were driving our 911 and needed premium. Bless them, they had it everywhere. Irving was our fuel of choice.) DaveL
  6. D

check engine light from egr fixed

Thanks for the post. Creative mind.... Regards DaveL Toronto
  7. D

Do you smoke with bigger holes? Look here

I'm really impressed with the post! Thanks so much! Devil's in the details. DaveL Toronto
  8. D

Passenger window regulator repair?

Well I posted here and VWvortex. Someone responded there. Result? There's an extended warranty. My friends had both window regulators replaced for free! They're retired; money is tight. A poster on the other forum made all the difference! Regards, Dave L Toronto
  9. D

Passenger window regulator repair?

Have you had to remove the regulator in your new beetle to repair it? A friend is having a little trouble.The door is in pieces now. But the regulator is not out yet... Any help appreciated! Regards, Dave L Mississauga
  10. D

Mass Airflow Sensor?

We had to replace ours twice. What has your experience been? Snow screen was plugged. Dealer blamed that for 2nd failure... Dave Mississauga
  11. D

Reliability?

There's more behind my original post. Talking to the dealer they say the MAF failure was caused by the snowscreen being plugged. They don't admit that the MAF's fail frequently. Why would they? Yet looking here there are many people with multiple MAF failures. and no one has tied the MAF...
  12. D

MAF --

Our MAF was replaced by the dealer. Low power on occasion; no codes according to the dealer. They did not check the snowscreen; it was plugged. We had other periods of low power before that was found (by the dealer). Dave
  13. D

GTG Toronto Area

Very interested in this gtg! We've recently had problems leading to MAF replacement, and separately, snowscreen removal. Feel that our car's power is down :-( So I'm teachable, and anxious to learn! Dave '01 Jetta tdi Upsolute, lowered (Chipped & Dipped!) ps will need to check directions. I...
  14. D

Reliability?

When we bought our tdi we met some wonderful people who encouraged us to modify it. We attended a gtg in Toronto and had the car Upsoluted, and bought an Apex suspension kit. Work was done before we returned to London and our home at the time! We even discussed chipping the car with the...
  15. D

Reliability?

One MAF and snowscreen--that's injust over a year's driving. To me that equals a car that is proving to not be dependable.. Apparently multiple MAF replacements is the norm here. VW Canada through their dealers won't admit that. They blaim the MAF failure on the plugged snow screen. I blaim...
  16. D

Reliability?

Henry, good advice too. We've just finished VW's chintsy warranty. I'm looking for work, or I would be really tempted to get a vag com setup. Find that I'm not as handy as I used to think I was! Perhaps some of that will come back. Dave
  17. D

Reliability?

Thanks. Good suggestions. However, I'm concerned that dealer maintenance didn't prevent the problems we had. I shouldn't have to be a wrench-head to keep my car on the road. Looks like I need to be... Dave
  18. D

Reliability?

Recently the dealer replaced our MAF--just out of warranty in a year and a half--goodwill. Due to poor drivability, smoking operation, and low power. No codes. Then our snowscreen plugged, virtually shutting us down. The dealer's mechanic removed it and they charged us for this service. Again...
  19. D

Snow Screen Bites the Dust

Poor drivability again--we just had our MAF changed at the dealer, but were low on power. Cause, apparently, was a plugged snow screen the mechanic removed. at a VW dealer. We discussed maintenance--the dealership has done all regular checks for us. The SS was plugged anyway... Just a word of...
  20. D

just bought 2003 jetta wagon tdi

Congratulations! Great choice! Check out the TDIFAQ section. You'll learn a lot! The only problems we've had in our 01 Jetta tdi are: *low oil once--we didn't know and used dino oil; should be synthetic, so we paid for an oil change. *MAF or Mass Airflow Sensor failed just recently. Low power...