Search results

1. S

Simple Alh mTDI build

You can get a 2052 and can get it in a WG only set up bit more efficient thank the older k24 iv heard form a few people who have ran both and make a bit more power buddy has one on his AHU with ARP head studs stage 2 colt cam R520's air to water IC and it's a lot of fun he's running 25psi...
  2. S

Ahu build questions

I was gonna leave my bottomed stock until I talk to Whitbread and decided to go compound and gonna need some rods for that and a bit more but screw of I only wanna build it once and be done with the motor I got to many projects to break things and have to rebuild
  3. S

Ahu build questions

Cars going to get a compound setup once the Rhd is complete
  4. S

Ahu build questions

How big of a process was it to convert your car to vnt and what harness and ecu are you useing
  5. S

Ahu build questions

E*clipse the 2056 your running is still a regular wastegaye setup right you didn't convert over to vnt and if so how is it with spool any lag where is your peaking around
  6. S

Ahu build questions

What clutch are you running for your setup
  7. S

Ahu build questions

Yeah iv been seeing that I think I may go the mk4 route it's a simple drop in to the mk3 tank and just need to find a relay for it and your set
  8. S

ALH Injector Pump Swap Details from dieselgeek

Why not just use the alh pump and bracket instead of going threw the trouble of machining the old ahu bracket not sure if there the same or not but if someone knows it be great because I can get a 11mm alh pump off an automatic and the bracket if it bolts right up that would be great
  9. S

Ahu build questions

Yeah I saw that the hx35 is pretty big I'd see that being kind of laggy..... What lift pump are you going to run the mk4 one or is there a better option
  10. S

Ahu build questions

Yeah I thought I would most likely need the lift pump ... that's a pretty sick build he's got and defiantly gives me some reassurance to not building the bottom end I'm just trying to figure out where he was taking off the Pistons and if it's worth it or just leave them alone
  11. S

Ahu build questions

Yeah I'm gonna check he bearings and is there an arp kit for the bottom end seen a few people said they beefed up the lower with some arp stuff to hold it together ether under high boost with out rods just for a precaution sense they weren't gonna do rods
  12. S

Ahu build questions

Ok than maybe I'll just run the colt stage 2 unless you have yours all done and a good outcome before I have my car all done and ready to go I gota finish the RHD swap an shaveing the bay still than I'll be all ready to put the motor in I'm gonna pull the motor on the next week or so and start...
  13. S

Ahu build questions

Obd1 ABA that's good I have a spare ABA motor that I'm gonna have to take the lower perches out of than and go the same route with the colt stage 3 if that's all that's needed and I know username GTiTDi makes an adapter flange for the 2052 to fit the stock manifold and I don't believe you have...
  14. S

Ahu build questions

Thanks man I'll look in to those turbos were they a direct bolt up to the manifold and I've only seen the colt stage 2 for ahu motors or are you useing the alh one and what spring set up are you going to use a stiffer more dutiable for the new cam who's springs are you going to use
  15. S

Ahu build questions

So I just bought a 98 Jetta Tdi for 200 bucks sat for 3 years got it running when I got there and drove it up in my trailer and home we went.... I'm going to be pulling everything out to swap in to my 4-door golf shell I'm in the process of shaving the bay and a RHD conversion on I've built...