Search results

1. WildChild80

2000 GTI GLX ALH swap

I'm absolutely changing the drier when it starts going together...hoping next week I can start disassembling the parts car...
  2. WildChild80

2000 GTI GLX ALH swap

That's where I have gotten to, just mod whats there, dash still has to come out since a space cadet for whatever reason decided to cut the flange off the evap core. So I'll do a new core and expansion valve while I'm in there abs check the doors to see if they've been fixed. Thanks for the...
  3. WildChild80

ALH addict and apparently a glutton for punishment

ALH addict and apparently a glutton for punishment
  4. WildChild80

2000 GTI GLX ALH swap

Got the title yesterday so it's finally time to start on this thing. I have a 2000 beetle tdi 5 speed and a 2002 jetta tdi 5 speed as donor cars, if you were going to swap a body harness, which car would you use. I'm thinking the Beetle as it's the same essentially as the gti or golf if you will...
  5. WildChild80

Recaro GTI sport seats

I have some tan cloth that will be coming out of a beetle that I wouldn't mind parting with...message me if you're interested
  6. WildChild80

Recaro GTI sport seats

The guy I bought it from was probably pushing 350...I'm about 250 but I am cautious of the seat bolsters getting in and out, the first gen Ridgeline was terrible for the bolster collapsing also and mine was in descent shape when I sold it
  7. WildChild80

Recaro GTI sport seats

Man, thank you everyone for the replies...I actually have the leather seats in the gti shell that's to become a tdi as soon as I have a title in hand. The leather on them is completely toasted but I think the bottoms may be good.
  8. WildChild80

Recaro GTI sport seats

If someone knows a thread about these seats please post it. I used the search function and not finding anything. And yes I tried google. I just bought a parts car and it has the 337 seats in it. They're in great shape except the bottom cushion cheak and wondering if anyone knows where to find...
  9. WildChild80

2000 GTI GLX ALH swap

So I thought that the body harness was the engine harness, I've got everything out except the O2 sensor and hopefully I can start the bonded title process and start working on it.
  10. WildChild80

2000 GTI GLX ALH swap

I will look at it whenever the rain stops and I'm not at work.
  11. WildChild80

2000 GTI GLX ALH swap

I'm going to have to park the 2 beside each other and start comparing. Just got the car home last night and haven't gotten a chance to even look at it more than trying to pull the harness before I drove off with the car. Maybe I can get the dash pulled and make some progress.
  12. WildChild80

2000 GTI GLX ALH swap

It's taped together...as in factory, I'll just have e to wing it I guess
  13. WildChild80

2000 GTI GLX ALH swap

Okay, I need help on divorcing the engine harness from the body harness
  14. WildChild80

2000 GTI GLX ALH swap

Thank you...heavy flywheel for the win...may be driven by the wife so that's that
  15. WildChild80

2000 GTI GLX ALH swap

Another question, I've always heard that lightweight flywheels are bad for the ALH, why are they bad, what's the undesirable symptons...looking at a 17lb flywheel. Yes this build will have lots of go fast parts and a southbend stage 2 daily clutch...and also a fluid fluidampr balancer
  16. WildChild80

2000 GTI GLX ALH swap

I was afraid of that, I knew the 109 was under the dash and makes sense that there would be wiring to the ecu in the rain tray...next week I will dive into the Bently and see if I can start working on a game plan. I'm wondering if I can de pin the wires I need and run just those into the gti...
  17. WildChild80

2000 GTI GLX ALH swap

Is it not possible to place all wires and relays where they currently reside in the jetta? That's my ultimate goal, to basically do it as the factory would have done it
  18. WildChild80

2000 GTI GLX ALH swap

There was a time I got mk4 diesel crazy...2 jettas and a new beetle...the new beetle is just too far gone from a trim perspective and the jetta had an unfortunate log hopping incident that damaged the underside on the front half of the car...so parts for days
  19. WildChild80

2000 GTI GLX ALH swap

I have confirmed that the jetta cluster will work so I should be good there, really hoping/expecting the wiring to be identical between the golf and jetta so hopefully I can reference my second jetta tdi for wiring while both/all 3 other cars are apart. Looking forward to pulling my SKC, would...
  20. WildChild80

2000 GTI GLX ALH swap

That's the first thing to do.