Search results

1. B

2013 Golf strange leak

I got under my car to remove the belly pan and noticed the drivers side corner is covered in some sort of liquid. It is a small leak because there is nothing on my drive where I have parked for the last several months. I can’t see a definitive source. When looking for the leak I noticed there is...
  2. B

2013 TDI Golf suddenly died

Thank you for the advice on the additive. Luckily the temps have been on the rise and it looks like the worst of this winter storm is behind us. I’ll be prepared next time.
  3. B

Would there still be evidence a couple of days later? The car has been in my shop for the last 3 days. The temperature in the shop is 40 degrees.
  4. B

I’ve been driving this car for 9 months and it has been great. The temperature here in Texas dropped a couple of days ago to 0 degrees Fahrenheit and when I went to start the car it fired right up and ran for 20 seconds before it died. It wouldn’t restart. Two hours later the temp was 15 and I...
  5. B

TB tensioner help

I remembered what you described happening on my ALH. It made me think about the process on this setup. Since I couldn’t really remember the sprockets spinning because the bolts were loose, I decided to just start over and repeat the setup. This time I made sure the bolts were plenty loose and...
  6. B

How To: Common Rail Timing Belt Procedure

Just finished TB job on the CJAA. What’s the trick to tightening the harmonic balancer bolts to 10nm + 90 degrees? My car is a DSG and the crank keeps spinning. I can’t get enough torque on them. PS. My DieselGeek kit did not come with replacement bolts for the balancer. Hope that’s not a...
  7. B

Mysterious leak....

I’ll check that out, thank you.
  8. B

Mysterious leak....

I removed the air box to try and locate the source. The wire loom for the electrical connect is only soaked for about 5”.
  9. B

Mysterious leak....

I started the TB procedure on my 2014 TDI Golf. When I removed the belly pan I noticed a large wet area at front left corner. The Large lower radiator hose was a little wet and there is an electrical connector Suspended about 8-10 inches above the hose that is also wet. I can’t see any source of...
  10. B

TB tensioner help

Hmm..I thought I had the bolts loose enough. Should I redo the process of loosening everything and redoing the tensioner?
  11. B

Timing Belt Tensioner Issue

Mine moved further left than yours. I am trying to figure out if this is ok. Did you ever figure it out?
  12. B

TB tensioner help

I’ve done timing belts on the ALH before so I have limited experience. After setting the tension on the timing belt of my 2014 TDI and tightening everything up, I did the clockwise rotation of the engine. Everything went fine and the crank and cam pins go in. The thing that is worrying me is...
  13. B

Help me understand.....

I have a new DieselGeek kit on the way. Thanks for the information and knowledge.
  14. B

Help me understand.....

Ok. Thanks I’m guessing the person who bought the TB kit got the wrong water pump. I’ll pass on that kit.
  15. B

Help me understand.....

I have a water pump with part number PA878US. On fcpeuro the parts shows to be a 2010 TDI golf but won’t fit a 2014 Golf I thought they had the same engine. Do they not? https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/audi-volkswagen-water-pump-a3-golf-jetta-geba-03l121011b#fitment
  16. B

Help, did I do this right?

Unfortunately the soapy solution provided no clues. Revenge the engine to 3-3500 rpm only produces a tiny faint whine. Only produces the loud whine under load and acceleration.
  17. B

As far as the sound being normal spool, this is new and loud and totally uncharacteristic of this or the other 2 ALH cars I have. I will mix up some soapy solution to help rule out a tube leak. Thank you all.
  18. B

Csstevej, I thought that by plugging the tube from the IC to the EGRand then pressurizing the system starting at the accordion tube, I essentially checked the IC and every other tube/connection in the boost system. You saying I need to isolate the IC and check just it for leaking? Is this...