Search results

1. Y

6-disc CD changer died

so my 06 jetta tdi, 30kmiles, just gave me a "CDC ERROR" and the Cd player seems to be jammed. I can hear the guts making noise, and it sounds like the disk-changing mechanism is either broken, or jammed. I can't play, eject, or add discs. Just gives the error, and keeps trying.....sometimes...
  2. Y

Diesel "smell" and lower mpg with new fuel filter

I installed a new fuel filter at 30,000miles, and it seems like the exhaust has more odor than before, and my fuel economy has dropped 5-6mpg. There are no leaks, the car is running fine, and the filter went in with no problems. I am doing more city driving than in the past, but I've only...
  3. Y

WooHoo-finally made the 600mile club

Our 06' Jetta TDI Auto was in the 38-39mpg range for the first few months, then we didn't check it for a while. Finally, with no change in driving style, we hit 42mpg and right at 600miles on a tank. I read that mpg would go up with the first 10000miles, but didn't believe it. Guess I was wrong.
  4. Y

DIY Speedo Calibration

First of all, I must say how extremely dissapointed I am with German automakers for not find speedo accuracy important. I've been through this on several BMW's, and now our TDI Jetta. Also, if this has already been covered on this site, I apologize. **Shut everything down and remove the...
  5. Y

gauge cluster removal

anybody know how to do this? Looks like the lower panels might pop off, and the screws for holding the cluster might be underneath. However, don't want to break them to find out. Thanks!
  6. Y

Removing gauge cluster

anybody know how to do this? Looks like the lower panels might pop off, and the screws for holding the cluster might be underneath. However, don't want to break them to find out. Thanks!
  7. Y

First oil change-new 06 Jetta TDI-Problems

first of all, Rockauto sold me the wrong oil filters (fram CH8530) so oil change only, no filter. Anywhoo, put the car on my lift and remove the lower pan. This thing is laying on the pan, totally un-attached. I don't know if it fell off, or somehow was an extra one that the factory dropped...
  8. Y

Homelink to car that doesn't have it

Have a new Jetta. Is there a dealer add-on for a homelink transmitter???? Thanks!
  9. Y

will 06 6-disc play WMA, or just MP3

haven't tried it, but my software has more conversion options for WMA. Anybody tried WMA??
  10. Y

TOO Many Stickys!

While I appreciate all of the info, I have to scroll down a full page to see the new posts. Can't some of those sticky's be combined!!
  11. Y

First FULL tank fuel economy-06 jetta auto

39.6mpg, 80% rural highway (not interstate). Dealer must have short filled the delivery tank, as we only got around 30mph. I know a manual is the way to go for mileage, but we had to get what we could get, as the 06 TDI's are getting hard to find. Also, managed to find 505.01 oil (castrol)...
  12. Y

New 06 Jetta TDI-SPEEDO Off 8%

Must be a German thing, had 2 BMW's with horrible speedos. BMW allows over 10% speedo error, as long as it reads high. Our Brand New (yesterday) TDI Jetta is reading 4mph at highway speed. I know that doesn't sound like much, but on a long trip, that's a lot of time. What is the point of...
  13. Y

TDI changes through the years

enjoying reading posts, but most seem to be from 3-6 year old cars. Just picked up a new 06' Jetta TDI, and while I know the bodystyle is new, is the TDI basically the same. In other words, are the TDI's still having similar issues, both good and bad, or should I stick to reading specific...
  14. Y

TDI MILEAGE boost-chipping etc

Looking to boost mileage OR booster performance WITHOUT hurting mileage. Read a few posts comparing Upsolute (used in a Porsche once) and Rocketchip, but everything is performance minded. This is a commuter car, and maybe you can't really boost mileage (diesels don't have traditional...
  15. Y

New Owner-nice site

Just purchased an 06 Jetta TDI for my wife (just took a job with a commute). As a Mechanical engineer, and racer (SPEED GT in a Vette) and builder of race cars, I'm really interested in learning more about the TDI. Obviously, this ain't no Lemans winning R10 Audi, but I'm stoked just the same...